Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: ASUS T100TA-DK003H - What do you think?

  1. #1

    Default ASUS T100TA-DK003H - What do you think?

    Hi Everyone,

    My laptop was stolen on friday night, and I am in need of a replacement. Now, I have a gaming pc at home which takes care of all my video editing/gaming needs - And I really only used my laptop for travel and working while not at home.



    I was wondering what you guys thought of the Asus T100TA. Its not a laptop, but rather one of those convertible tablet/laptop ultrabooks.

    Model Name: T100TA-DK003H
    Color & Decoration: Gray
    On board processor: Atom Bay Trail-T Z3740
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 SL 32bit
    System memory: 2G (on board)
    Storage: 64G EMMC SSD
    Display: 10.1" IPS HD Glare
    IGPU: Intel HD graphics Gen7
    Video Camera: 1.2 Mega Pixel web camera (Fixed type)
    Wireless: 802.11 a/g/n
    Card Reader: SDXC
    USB Ports: 1x USB 3.0;1x Micro USB2.0
    Audio: Built-in speaker;Built-in microphone
    Weight (Kg): 0.93 KG (Without Battery) ; 1.07 KG (with 2 cell battery) ; Tablet: 0.55 KG (with 2 cell Battery)
    Keyboard Specification: ASUS 253.6mm keyboard with 17.43mm key pitch


    The device comes with a keyboard and free office. It also features 11 hours battery life.

    I know it is not a laptop, and that it is slightly underpowered, but I am hoping that anyone on these forums have one and can give me an honest review on it. The reviews on the interwebz look great so I think I might go ahead.

    Z

  2. #2

    Default

    Where will you be getting it from and at what price ?

    Apparently the display isn't too hot, lots of glare and not the brightest.
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,585

    Default

    Well are you looking for a laptop or a tablet? You have laptop for gaming but would you use a laptop for portability or would it be more for entertainment while waiting for clients or whatever?

    If you are not going to use it to actually do work on then just a tablet, easier to use.
    Last edited by killadoob; 11-11-2013 at 01:26 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    I see this tablet is available on take2 and purpleflytrading.co.za

    Pretty cool.

    Although I Think the Dell venue 11 might be worth waiting for too, it's got the slightly stronger processor in the Z3770 and a 1080p display.
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

  5. #5

    Default

    In fact, the model above features a 1080p Screen

    I'll be buying the device from wootware.co.za for R4900. It appeals to be due to the fact that I can go tablet mode when need be.

    The Dell looks good, but it's a bit expensive. If anyone has any other suggestions sub R5000, that'll be great!

    Z
    Last edited by Zertop; 11-11-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    "1) Help me fix my Internet" Tool | "2) Is it my Line" Tool
    "Also, are you alive? That's important, should have asked that first." - Wheatly P2

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zertop View Post
    In fact, the model above features a 1080p Screen

    I'll be buying the device from wootware.co.za for R4900. It appeals to be due to the fact that I can go tablet mode when need be.

    The Dell looks good, but it's a bit expensive. If anyone has any other suggestions sub R5000, that'll be great!

    Z
    With "the model above" do you mean the ASUS T100 ? Cause I'm 99.9% sure that the resolution on the T100 is 1366 X 768, not that this is the primary issue though, apparently the colour reproduction isn't super and so too the brightness. I wouldn't say those are dealbreakers though at that price, I am tempted myself.

    The dell is definitely the better tab though, but heavier and about $100 more expensive, and it's anybody's guess what that difference translates to in R terms eventually.
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't see the t100 on wootware's site ? Also, it's R4600-something at purpleflytrading.
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abandonallhope View Post
    With "the model above" do you mean the ASUS T100 ? Cause I'm 99.9% sure that the resolution on the T100 is 1366 X 768, not that this is the primary issue though, apparently the colour reproduction isn't super and so too the brightness. I wouldn't say those are dealbreakers though at that price, I am tempted myself.

    The dell is definitely the better tab though, but heavier and about $100 more expensive, and it's anybody's guess what that difference translates to in R terms eventually.
    DK003H model (and yes, its non-existant on the interwebs )

    http://www.wootware.co.za/asus-t100t...-notebook.html - I live near them so its cheaper for me as no courier charges are needed.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zertop View Post
    DK003H model (and yes, its non-existant on the interwebs )

    http://www.wootware.co.za/asus-t100t...-notebook.html - I live near them so its cheaper for me as no courier charges are needed.
    Well well, that is quite interesting actually
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abandonallhope View Post
    Well well, that is quite interesting actually
    I just wanted to make sure the full-hd screen doesnt affect performance that much


  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zertop View Post
    I just wanted to make sure the full-hd screen doesnt affect performance that much
    Performance wise I'll be more concerned about that CPU and RAM. But, like you said, you intend to use it for work. If your work relates to doing a lot of emails or research on the web, and writing a few documents in word, I'd think it would be a good solution for you. If you work with big data sheets and run algorithms, then no. Even large Excel sheets could struggle in responding when running calculations.
    Intel Z87KLT | i5-4670K | CM Hyper 212X | Sapphire R9 280X Toxic | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | 128GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 5TB HDDs | Antec 620W (80+) | Antec P280

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmileS View Post
    Performance wise I'll be more concerned about that CPU and RAM. But, like you said, you intend to use it for work. If your work relates to doing a lot of emails or research on the web, and writing a few documents in word, I'd think it would be a good solution for you. If you work with big data sheets and run algorithms, then no. Even large Excel sheets could struggle in responding when running calculations.
    Yup, I mean, before my old one was stolen, I wasn't really using it that much. I use my home pc for work etc, and just use my lappy when I went on holiday and needed to do a bit of work and coding. (I dont do big programs, just usually small java projects, so compiling isnt an issue).

    I wont be calculating the volume of the earth using pi or anything, just basic stuff. I mean, I could go for another laptop, but then again, laptops don't just change into tablets :P

    Also, apparently it can outperform the iPad 4 in some benchmarking tests - so thats pretty awesome.


    http://hothardware.com/
    Last edited by Zertop; 12-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zertop View Post
    Yup, I mean, before my old one was stolen, I wasn't really using it that much. I use my home pc for work etc, and just use my lappy when I went on holiday and needed to do a bit of work and coding. (I dont do big programs, just usually small java projects, so compiling isnt an issue).

    I wont be calculating the volume of the earth using pi or anything, just basic stuff. I mean, I could go for another laptop, but then again, laptops don't just change into tablets :P

    Also, apparently it can outperform the iPad 4 in some benchmarking tests - so thats pretty awesome.


    http://hothardware.com/
    Those are graphics benchmarks buddy.... You aren't intending to play games, are you?

    But for your purposes, I think the Tab will be great
    Intel Z87KLT | i5-4670K | CM Hyper 212X | Sapphire R9 280X Toxic | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | 128GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 5TB HDDs | Antec 620W (80+) | Antec P280

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmileS View Post
    Those are graphics benchmarks buddy.... You aren't intending to play games, are you?
    Naa - But I was just showing that it can handle some form of graphical use :P

  15. #15

    Default

    Bay Trail (Z3740/Z3770) is also a huge improvement over Clovertrail (Z2760) , double the performance apparently. It handles every day windows tasks with ease.

    It doesn't do proper gaming no, but for casual playing of older titles, it will do nicely.
    Wake to see, your true emancipation is a fantasy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ASUS H55 SKT 1156 VS ASUS P7H55-M/Usb3 ?
    By kaisterkai in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-02-2010, 06:50 PM
  5. asus rampage gene 2 or asus p6t?
    By iron man in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 23-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •