Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: New Renault Clio maintainance plan - R33701 !!!

  1. #16

    Default

    dude that dealership must be dodge, i am thinking of getting the same car.
    I was quoted 5k for the extended service plan. 3year 45000kms to 5 year 75000kms

  2. #17
    Super Grandmaster Fazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Why not Zambia? or /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ ?
    Posts
    9,299
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatality07 View Post
    dude that dealership must be dodge, i am thinking of getting the same car.
    I was quoted 5k for the extended service plan. 3year 45000kms to 5 year 75000kms
    There's a massive difference between extended service plan and extended maintenance plan.

    That being said, 4years/105 000 Full Maintenance on a Forester is R 10 630 and 5 years /120 000 is R 22 810. Full Maintenance covers everything and all you pay for in that period is your own fuel and tyres if you need them - everything else is covered.

    30k odd for 90 000 on a relatively small car is either incorrect or a massive ripoff.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

    Flickr

  3. #18

    Default

    That sounds very excessive. Have you tried another dealership?

  4. #19

    Default

    Just keep in mind what that plan covers and what possible major services will be included.

    I'm paying R10K for a 5yr (I think it might be 150 0000km) for my i10. A major service for our ATOS at 90K km was R3K so one has to keep it all relative
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    That being said, 4years/105 000 Full Maintenance on a Forester is R 10 630 and 5 years /120 000 is R 22 810. Full Maintenance covers everything and all you pay for in that period is your own fuel and tyres if you need them - everything else is covered.
    Can you add this extension to a second hand Forester which is just about to go out of the standard plan, or can you only do this when buying new?

  6. #21
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rondebosch
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Maybe Renault is including the price of a rental car in the maintenance plan for when the turbo pops and the replacement turbo takes 6 weeks to get here.

  7. #22
    Super Grandmaster Fazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Why not Zambia? or /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ ?
    Posts
    9,299
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifs View Post
    Can you add this extension to a second hand Forester which is just about to go out of the standard plan, or can you only do this when buying new?
    You can add the Motorite plan, not the Subaru one that I quoted, which has to be bought when the car is new.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

    Flickr

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunsdonza View Post
    Just keep in mind what that plan covers and what possible major services will be included.

    I'm paying R10K for a 5yr (I think it might be 150 0000km) for my i10. A major service for our ATOS at 90K km was R3K so one has to keep it all relative
    Are you paying for a service plan, or a maintenance plan? I'm surprised how many people do not know the difference. A maintenance plan will obviously always cost more than a service plan, but I have to agree that the OP's R33k sounds excessive.

    My 100 000 km maintenance plan came free with my car. 8 services, wheel alignments, brakes, light bulbs, wipers... Just pull into the dealer and they sort it with a smile. Pity the tyres are so damn expensive!

  9. #24
    Resident DJ DJ...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Posts
    63,871
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    Are you paying for a service plan, or a maintenance plan? I'm surprised how many people do not know the difference. A maintenance plan will obviously always cost more than a service plan, but I have to agree that the OP's R33k sounds excessive.

    My 100 000 km maintenance plan came free with my car. 8 services, wheel alignments, brakes, light bulbs, wipers... Just pull into the dealer and they sort it with a smile. Pity the tyres are so damn expensive!
    Don't be fooled into thinking that it's free. The dealership has to pay for it, and they simply load the cost into the deal itself. F&I is where dealerships really add to their bottom line, and importantly, their profitability. 9/10 items like service and maintenance plans are not free, even if they're sold to you on that basis...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking that it's free. The dealership has to pay for it, and they simply load the cost into the deal itself. F&I is where dealerships really add to their bottom line, and importantly, their profitability. 9/10 items like service and maintenance plans are not free, even if they're sold to you on that basis...
    I know, I know. I said it tongue in cheek, but it was still a bargain. Competitors without a maintenance plan cost the same and more... at the time.

  11. #26
    Super Grandmaster Fazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Why not Zambia? or /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ ?
    Posts
    9,299
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking that it's free. The dealership has to pay for it, and they simply load the cost into the deal itself. F&I is where dealerships really add to their bottom line, and importantly, their profitability. 9/10 items like service and maintenance plans are not free, even if they're sold to you on that basis...
    Not quite - we pay R x for a car, and included in that R x is the Maintenance Plan - we don't have the option of getting the car cheaper if the plan is not included.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

    Flickr

  12. #27
    Resident DJ DJ...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Posts
    63,871
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    Not quite - we pay R x for a car, and included in that R x is the Maintenance Plan - we don't have the option of getting the car cheaper if the plan is not included.
    Sure, I'm simply pointing out that there's no such thing as a free lunch in this game...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  13. #28

    Default

    That Clio 4 should have a lifetime warranty on the timing belt (cambelt) and minimal maintenance on the engine. So that maintenance plan is excessive. Tell them about their French competitor Peugeot, that gives you a 5 year Maintenance plan on all their cars for "free". In their engine showcase video, around 3:55 they show "Lifetime Timing Chain" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvRhWL1stQ


    Also:
    servicing
    Renault’s new servicing policy sees the introduction of an annual service
    with alternate oil changes for new vehicles sold from 2012 in Europe
    (in almost all countries). With New Clio, the standard oil change interval
    is every 30,000km or two years, while the first service is scheduled for
    after 30,000km or one year. Outside Europe, servicing schedules are
    adjusted to suit each country’s road network and running conditions.
    In the case of the tCe 90 and tCe 120 engines, the timing chain
    requires no maintenance.
    For the other engines available for New Clio,
    the timing belt is changed after six years or 150,000km.
    The rear brake drums require no servicing before 90,000km.

    From http://media.renault.com/download/me...33383_1_5.aspx page 28
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it,... , unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Gautama Buddha

  14. #29
    Senior Member CyCliC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    ̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Just a quick update. Renault quoted about R26k for a plan on the Cleo. Apparently its because the car is still new and parts are expensive. A Megane maintenance plan is around R15k. I went for the Megane with the prime -3% special offer which was within my car allowance budget.
    Lenovo IdeaCentre A720

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Renault Clio 2 Shocks
    By Nangi in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-08-2013, 09:04 AM
  2. Renault clio 4
    By Grimspoon in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 04:14 PM
  3. Renault Clio launched in S.A
    By dupster in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 03:19 PM
  4. Renault Clio
    By gdiza in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 22-02-2013, 10:55 AM
  5. Renault Clio 1.2 16V
    By sycogrim08 in forum Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Planes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •