Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Renault Clio maintainance plan - R33701 !!!

dude that dealership must be dodge, i am thinking of getting the same car.
    I was quoted 5k for the extended service plan. 3year 45000kms to 5 year 75000kms

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality07 View Post
    dude that dealership must be dodge, i am thinking of getting the same car.
    I was quoted 5k for the extended service plan. 3year 45000kms to 5 year 75000kms
    There's a massive difference between extended service plan and extended maintenance plan.

That being said, 4years/105 000 Full Maintenance on a Forester is R 10 630 and 5 years /120 000 is R 22 810. Full Maintenance covers everything and all you pay for in that period is your own fuel and tyres if you need them - everything else is covered.

30k odd for 90 000 on a relatively small car is either incorrect or a massive ripoff.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

That sounds very excessive. Have you tried another dealership?

Just keep in mind what that plan covers and what possible major services will be included.

I'm paying R10K for a 5yr (I think it might be 150 0000km) for my i10. A major service for our ATOS at 90K km was R3K so one has to keep it all relative
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    That being said, 4years/105 000 Full Maintenance on a Forester is R 10 630 and 5 years /120 000 is R 22 810. Full Maintenance covers everything and all you pay for in that period is your own fuel and tyres if you need them - everything else is covered.
    Can you add this extension to a second hand Forester which is just about to go out of the standard plan, or can you only do this when buying new?

Super Grandmaster

Maybe Renault is including the price of a rental car in the maintenance plan for when the turbo pops and the replacement turbo takes 6 weeks to get here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gifs View Post
    Can you add this extension to a second hand Forester which is just about to go out of the standard plan, or can you only do this when buying new?
    You can add the Motorite plan, not the Subaru one that I quoted, which has to be bought when the car is new.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunsdonza View Post
    Just keep in mind what that plan covers and what possible major services will be included.

I'm paying R10K for a 5yr (I think it might be 150 0000km) for my i10. A major service for our ATOS at 90K km was R3K so one has to keep it all relative
    Are you paying for a service plan, or a maintenance plan? I'm surprised how many people do not know the difference. A maintenance plan will obviously always cost more than a service plan, but I have to agree that the OP's R33k sounds excessive.

My 100 000 km maintenance plan came free with my car. 8 services, wheel alignments, brakes, light bulbs, wipers... Just pull into the dealer and they sort it with a smile. Pity the tyres are so damn expensive!

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    Are you paying for a service plan, or a maintenance plan? I'm surprised how many people do not know the difference. A maintenance plan will obviously always cost more than a service plan, but I have to agree that the OP's R33k sounds excessive.

My 100 000 km maintenance plan came free with my car. 8 services, wheel alignments, brakes, light bulbs, wipers... Just pull into the dealer and they sort it with a smile. Pity the tyres are so damn expensive!
    Don't be fooled into thinking that it's free. The dealership has to pay for it, and they simply load the cost into the deal itself. F&I is where dealerships really add to their bottom line, and importantly, their profitability. 9/10 items like service and maintenance plans are not free, even if they're sold to you on that basis...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking that it's free. The dealership has to pay for it, and they simply load the cost into the deal itself. F&I is where dealerships really add to their bottom line, and importantly, their profitability. 9/10 items like service and maintenance plans are not free, even if they're sold to you on that basis...
    I know, I know. I said it tongue in cheek, but it was still a bargain. Competitors without a maintenance plan cost the same and more... at the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Not quite - we pay R x for a car, and included in that R x is the Maintenance Plan - we don't have the option of getting the car cheaper if the plan is not included.

Flickr

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    Not quite - we pay R x for a car, and included in that R x is the Maintenance Plan - we don't have the option of getting the car cheaper if the plan is not included.
    Sure, I'm simply pointing out that there's no such thing as a free lunch in this game...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

That Clio 4 should have a lifetime warranty on the timing belt (cambelt) and minimal maintenance on the engine. So that maintenance plan is excessive. Tell them about their French competitor Peugeot, that gives you a 5 year Maintenance plan on all their cars for "free". In their engine showcase video, around 3:55 they show "Lifetime Timing Chain" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvRhWL1stQ

Also:
    servicing
    Renault’s new servicing policy sees the introduction of an annual service
    with alternate oil changes for new vehicles sold from 2012 in Europe
    (in almost all countries). With New Clio, the standard oil change interval
    is every 30,000km or two years, while the first service is scheduled for
    after 30,000km or one year. Outside Europe, servicing schedules are
    adjusted to suit each country’s road network and running conditions.
    In the case of the tCe 90 and tCe 120 engines, the timing chain
    requires no maintenance.
    For the other engines available for New Clio,
    the timing belt is changed after six years or 150,000km.
    The rear brake drums require no servicing before 90,000km.

From http://media.renault.com/download/me...33383_1_5.aspx page 28
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it,... , unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Gautama Buddha

Just a quick update. Renault quoted about R26k for a plan on the Cleo. Apparently its because the car is still new and parts are expensive. A Megane maintenance plan is around R15k. I went for the Megane with the prime -3% special offer which was within my car allowance budget.
    Lenovo IdeaCentre A720

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12