Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Thread: Free SMS Application: Vodacom + MTN

Grandmaster

Default Free SMS Application: Vodacom + MTN

Are you tired of having to visit websites to send free sms's? Well,Download this free Desktop SMS Application where you can send sms's for free, from your computer Desktop!!! Send Free SMS'e to Vodacom & MTN.

Note: This service makes use of the Mail-To-SMS, which is a free service provided by Vodacom & MTN. Do not use this Application for spam, and please read Vodacom & MTN TAC. Enjoy!

http://www.nixsms.za.net

PS: The file can be downloading by Clicking on Download at the top.

Screenshot:
    http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/1733/untitled1pg9.jpg
    Last edited by FaNIX; 06-11-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Grandmaster

Can you maybe tell us a bit more about the application? How it works, why its' free, how do I know my number isn't going to be signed up for a "Great Deals" sms list?

From the top, it looks pretty cool, but I suppose one always treats cool free things with a bit of wariness.
    Telkom 10Mbps / Mweb Uncapped

Can't d/load:

Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.
    =================================

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by adsl3g View Post
    Can't d/load:

Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.
    Hi Guys! Sorry about the Database error, im moving the database to another server, as the current hosting site is CRAP!

The application makes use of the Mail-To-SMS service provided by Vodacom & MTN. Its free because how can i charge for something that uses vodacom & mtn services? Anyways, i wrote this application to make the processes a bit easier, as one can send sms's using Outlook as well.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Nickste View Post
    Can you maybe tell us a bit more about the application? How it works, why its' free, how do I know my number isn't going to be signed up for a "Great Deals" sms list?

From the top, it looks pretty cool, but I suppose one always treats cool free things with a bit of wariness.
    To answer your question. Well, there are two things you can do:

1. Take my word for it, this program was developed to help people make use of Mail-To-SMS service, i have no hidden agenda.

2. You can use a packet tracer to check all the connections made by the program. You will note that it will only make use of the SMTP server, and it will only send out one request, which will be the sms. So there is Absolutely no way that someone can get your cellphone number or your contact's information!

Well i downloaded it and it works perfectly
    Got a problem with your PC? Here's the Solution. Put it on the counter, go to the garage, fetch a 10 pound hammer...

Working fine - thanks

Grandmaster

so how do u send sms's using outlook??

for vodacom it'll be an email to : 082XXXXXXX@voda.co.za

FaNix, is it possible to download this application to my cell phone? And if not, is there a possibility for such a application for cellphone download? It will be nice to use it when I want to on my phone, and not just when I use my pc.

Grandmaster

Hey FaNix,
    Thanks for the info, I think that made more people open to trying the application. I will give it a go when I next boot into XP

Props for sharing your app though.

Cheers, Nick

Grandmaster

Hi Guys! Thanks a lot for all your Positive posts, im glad its working, i know a few people cant get it to work, but im trying to sort them out! If you have time, please post your findings of the program on the Nix Forum. This is mainly to assure people that it works. I would Appreciate it! Im working on a new version, which will be alot better, which must more functionality. But i'll keep you all posted!

Cheers!!

If there is a way you can write a this program so it works on Symbian OS (for nokia phones) it will be very nice application..

Thx Fanix
    Life's 2 short 2 suck.

www.xplode.moonfruit.com

for vodacom it'll be an email to : 082XXXXXXX@voda.co.za
    and for MTN subscribers?

How does one send an SMS via email to an MTN subscriber?

Grandmaster

I think it's 083xxxxxxx@mtn.co.za

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast