Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: PS4: South African game prices shock on PSN

Default PS4: South African game prices shock on PSN

PS4: South African game prices shock on PSN

PSN SA digital downloads from third-party publishers are overpriced

Time to boycott and order from other regions direct. Freck SONY ZA!

Quote Originally Posted by jes View Post
    PS4: South African game prices shock on PSN

PSN SA digital downloads from third-party publishers are overpriced
    Third parties?

Firstly party stuff is R200 (30%+) more expensive than their retail counterparts.

Just proves once again that there is no actual local PSN Store, it's simply a currency conversion from GBP.

The biggest JOKE however is Angry Birds at a whopping 500% price increase over other platforms for exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by SauRoNZA; 26-11-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Super Grandmaster

On the flipside, if they came in lower than the local physical media it would kill the local distributors.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    On the flipside, if they came in lower than the local physical media it would kill the local distributors.
    I don't think so hey.

Come in at the actual local RRP - Shipping Costs and you'll find a lot of people that prefer retail will still stick to those options.

If anything they'll sell LESS now because people will rather wait for the specials and then get those for cheap cheap whether at retail or digital.

Don't think so. I still prefer physical media since I don't have the time to delete and re-download games when I want to play them again later. And I'm pretty sure that most people in SA would think along similar lines.

It makes no sense to charge more for digital media since they aren't subjected to the various costs that physical media is.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Super Grandmaster

I dunno, Steam has made me loathe optical media. The only reason I ever go that route anymore is because I can buy games using eBucks. But I see the benefit, consoles still don't give you a lot of hard-drive space.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I dunno, Steam has made me loathe optical media. The only reason I ever go that route anymore is because I can buy games using eBucks. But I see the benefit, consoles still don't give you a lot of hard-drive space.
    And that's the reason why Steam is more attractive. Console owners will be forced to delete and re-download due to the limited storage, but PC owners can just leave it installed.

Pricing digital media higher than physical media makes no sense, least of all within the South African context.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Think ahead, to when you have faster internet access. Hard drive space doesn't matter as much because even large downloads are often only 10-minutes away.

That's precisely what I love about digital distribution platforms such as Steam, PSN/XBox Live--optical media is dated, it breaks, it wears; but digital media has the potential to last forever.

Is there a thread to discuss the best PS4 Bundle deals? Or do we discuss that here?

Who has the best prices at the moment? Even if online?

It's a ripoff.

PSN+ is worth it for the monthly free games, but full priced games are hugely overpriced.

Sam goes for Blizzard though - physical media (Diablo 3 and Starcraft II) was cheaper than Digital Pricing at launch.
    -------------------------
    MyBB LFC Supporters Club
    Diablo 3 - GDruid#1919
    MyBB Member BattleTag and Clan Officer List