Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: iBurst announces strategic partnership with Autopage

Default iBurst announces strategic partnership with Autopage

Wireless broadband should be accessible to all South Africans, not just the affluent members of society. Accessibility should be determined by one’s needs as opposed to one’s income
    All South Africans? So we can assume that iBurst are lowering their prices to around R100 a month then? No? Thought not...

It would be physically impossible to ask a monthly fee that low. Remember that this is SA and only 1% of South Africans actually have broadband internet. Until more people get it, the prices won't go down.
    iBurst Pro 3.5GB - Yes, STILL no migration....

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by kifoth View Post
    All South Africans? So we can assume that iBurst are lowering their prices to around R100 a month then? No? Thought not...
    ... and subsidising their modem prices to a more reasonable sub R500 price tag...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigMouth View Post
    It would be physically impossible to ask a monthly fee that low. Remember that this is SA and only 1% of South Africans actually have broadband internet. Until more people get it, the prices won't go down.
    Catch-22

Super Grandmaster

So what does Autopage bring to the party?

A lot of highfaluting claptrap about universal access, but as far as I can see this is just another reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    So what does Autopage bring to the party?

A lot of highfaluting claptrap about universal access, but as far as I can see this is just another reseller.
    Hi Gatecrasher

I think more companies are realizing that iBurst is a provider that can not be ignored in the broadband space, and hence they are jumping on the reseller bandwagon. As for what they bring to the party…more customers for iBurst and more money for them

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Hi Gatecrasher

I think more companies are realizing that iBurst is a provider that can not be ignored in the broadband space, and hence they are jumping on the reseller bandwagon. As for what they bring to the party…more customers for iBurst and more money for them
    lol you got that right RPM. From my experience with Autopage it will not be to the benifit of potential I-Burst clients.

As for making it within reach of us normal folk, yeah right, I see another offering brought on the market: R300.00/month you get a 10MB cap, but don't worry if you reach your cap you can buy more at R300.00/Gig.
    >>>>>> <<<<<<

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MFour View Post
    R300.00/month you get a 10MB cap, but don't worry if you reach your cap you can buy more at R300.00/Gig.
    I'll take four of those, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MFour View Post
    As for making it within reach of us normal folk, yeah right, I see another offering brought on the market: R300.00/month you get a 10MB cap, but don't worry if you reach your cap you can buy more at R300.00/Gig.
    Exactly

As the head of a broadband provider, if you're going to go on about affordability, do something about it. Otherwise you're just adding even more hot air to the subject.

What exactly is the partnership about? It sounds like just an onseller agreement