Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Why blame God or satan?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLogos View Post
    I would think that the Draconian exchange laws in SA had a lot to do with Hansie little walk on the dark side

Most of the time ppl tend to blame the Devil, and say... The devil made me do it, it's part of human nature, we tend to look for excuses to justify our wayward behaviour, and I guess it makes us feel a bit better GW Bush on the other hand has let it be known that G0D actually told him to attack Iraq (personally I think it was someone talking into his earpiece) - the problem is now he can't remember if G0D said Iraq or Iran
    If you talk to God, you're religious, if God talks to you, you're psychotic.
    IanC

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLogos View Post
    I would think that the Draconian exchange laws in SA had a lot to do with Hansie little walk on the dark side

Most of the time ppl tend to blame the Devil, and say... The devil made me do it, it's part of human nature, we tend to look for excuses to justify our wayward behaviour, and I guess it makes us feel a bit better GW Bush on the other hand has let it be known that G0D actually told him to attack Iraq (personally I think it was someone talking into his earpiece) - the problem is now he can't remember if G0D said Iraq or Iran
    Even in the Garden of Eden man refused to take responsibility. Adam blamed God, Eve blamed the snake(satan) and they all got punished. The result is a broken world...

Whether people accept personal responsibility or ascribe events in their lives to supernatural forces has a lot to do with the social context in which they've been conditioned.

At uni in psych class we did these 'locus of control' tests- amazing to see others who say they geniunely believe that their bad test results were not their fault....and also, their good test results were not their fault....

...and those who saw their good results as being a result of their own efforts, as well as their bad results.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Locus Test

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2 View Post
    Whether people accept personal responsibility or ascribe events in their lives to supernatural forces has a lot to do with the social context in which they've been conditioned.

At uni in psych class we did these 'locus of control' tests- amazing to see others who say they geniunely believe that their bad test results were not their fault....and also, their good test results were not their fault....

...and those who saw their good results as being a result of their own efforts, as well as their bad results.
    Lets me put it this way geniunely blamed someone for the bad result? In this way not accepting responsibility for deeds.
    Geniunely blamed someone else for the good result? Its pride.. just waiting for the 2nd compliment.. no,no it was really you! Ag ok thanks man...

I just live on being complimented for my exlency without others actually realisig it....

Think about it in the context of religion.

Grandmaster

I have ... unless you're a Catholic priest in disguise, I'm an agnostic ... otherwise ... "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned ..."
    IanC

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    I have ... unless you're a Catholic priest in disguise, I'm an agnostic ... otherwise ... "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned ..."
    nail on the head

Grandmaster

nail on the head
    Thought so ...
    IanC

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Compliment

This was not a conclusion just grabbed out of the air. You should be able confidently accept the compliment and this is the difference without measuring youself with other people or belitlling others.

I previously turned down compliments 9 out of 10 times until I sat in a Christian class where we discussed humility and I realised what I was doing was a form of pride. The glory for the thing well done I give to Creator...

Quote Originally Posted by douwdouw View Post
    The glory for the thing well done I give to Creator...
    You mean Kreator, right? Otherwise it should be the creators. I have proof that more than one god created the universe as we know it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

If your prove were actually prove the Theory of Evolution would discarded.

So the so-called prove you have is actually no prove, because this theory is still taught...

So the so-called prove you have is actually no prove, because this theory is still taught...
    So what your saying is that creation according to the bible is also false? Didn't expect that. Good point though.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by douwdouw

I promised myself I would never again participate in a debate on religion, but here I go again:

I do not believe that the Biblical Creation (AKA "Creation Science") and the Theory of Evolution are mutually exclusive.

Consider Genesis 2 verse 19:

Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.
    Notice that the creation of the animals is related in the past perfect tense (retained from the original Hebrew), indicating that the animals were not created in the prescence of Adam (who may be regarded as a methaphor for early humankind), but rather at an indefinite point before the existence of Adam. Thus the Bible supports the idea that lower forms of life existed before the the "creation" of mankind.

Also, Genesis 1 verses 20 to 28 relate how animals were created before man.

20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.”
    21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
    22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”
    23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so.
    25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
    26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
    27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
    28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
    Getting back to the original topic, refer to Genesis 1 verse 26 (above): “…let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

In other words, not only do we control our own lives, but we also have the ability to control any events, animals and inanimate objects on earth we wish, to an extent. Using God as a scapegoat is therefore an unfair way to redirect blame from oneself. Blaming Satan is just ridiculous, following this reasoning: if you believe in Satan, a fallen Angel, according to the Bible, then you obviously need to believe the Bible and thus in the existence of God. If you believe the Bible, then you will also believe that God is more powerful than Satan, since God created Satan and banished him from heaven.

Other major defeats of Satan by God include (obtained from http://www.bible.ca/su-devil.htm ):

Job tests God's wisdom with Job, "you think Job is good, take away blessings...he will curse you"
    Temptation in wilderness with Jesus: Mt 4:1-11
    Cast out demons during ministry of Jesus: Lk 10:17-20
    Sinless death & resurrection of Christ: Col 2:14-15; Heb 2:14-16; 1 Jn 3:8; Rev 1:18
    Every time a sinner becomes a Christian: Acts 26: 18; Col 1:13 + Lk 15:7 "angels rejoice"

Once again, please excuse my lengthy posts… I feel I should write a book

To whom it may concern: For proof that the Bible is true (or at least that large sections of it are):

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/b_proof.shtml
    Last edited by Edwe; 17-12-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    "Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said." - Mark Twain

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Your remark questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    So what your saying is that creation according to the bible is also false? Didn't expect that. Good point though.
    Read your remark again. proof that it was created by more than one god...

one god in three person, the father speak, the son administrates and the spirit executes... not more than one god...

Grandmaster

I previously turned down compliments 9 out of 10 times until I sat in a Christian class where we discussed humility and I realised what I was doing was a form of pride. The glory for the thing well done I give to Creator...
    there's the problem right there, you were subjected to the brainwashing "class". can you even remember your own idea's before you were subjected to the brainwashing or were you like many others...too young yet to have developed your own independently.

i would be difficult to un-program you
    whether you think you're right or you think you're wrong, you're right. - henry ford

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast