Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Makro's giving upgrade clients same deal as new contracts!

Grandmaster

Default Makro's giving upgrade clients same deal as new contracts!

Guys

Thought I'd let u know that Makro is now offering contract upgrades at same deals as new contracts. (Vodacom)

R150 admin fee still payable.

Cheers

sdd

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
    Guys

Thought I'd let u know that Makro is now offering contract upgrades at same deals as new contracts. (Vodacom)

R150 admin fee still payable.

Cheers

sdd
    What is this admin fee? They want you to pay for being a loyal customer?

Its just perverse.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    What is this admin fee? They want you to pay for being a loyal customer?

Its just perverse.
    Somebody has to pay the secretary's salary
    Procrastination is like masturbation. It may feel good at first, but when you look at the task at hand, you're actually screwing yourself.

I'm upgrading at MTNSP at the mo and the upgrade form that was faxed to me specified "0.00" upgrade fee. What's more I'm getting a R500 discount on the "pay in fee" for my new N93. Normal pay in fee is R1599 I have been told.

Is it just Voda charging to upgrade the existing subscribers??
    This space for rent.... pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer_GP View Post
    Somebody has to pay the secretary's salary
    Well it aint gonna be me.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Quote Originally Posted by Fiekus View Post
    I'm upgrading at MTNSP at the mo and the upgrade form that was faxed to me specified "0.00" upgrade fee. What's more I'm getting a R500 discount on the "pay in fee" for my new N93. Normal pay in fee is R1599 I have been told.

Nope Mtn and Voda charges R150 admin fee.

Grandmaster

as far as I know, voda and mtn charge a connection fee ... but the stores charge a separate admin fee ( what this is for, is beyond me as they get royalties from the cell companies anyways for the contracts that they sign)

Quote Originally Posted by lucifir View Post
    as far as I know, voda and mtn charge a connection fee ... but the stores charge a separate admin fee ( what this is for, is beyond me as they get royalties from the cell companies anyways for the contracts that they sign)
    Hahaha nope, all upgrades charge admin fee stores and other means of upgrading.

And no the Manufacturers of handsets dont give any "royalties" to the SP, they sometimes give the sales reps little incentives but thats only whne they having certain promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by JK8 View Post
    Nope Mtn and Voda charges R150 admin fee.
    MTN only charges upgrade fee on the low usage packages.

Eg: My Choice & My call ranges.

All the Other packages are for free(No Admin fee).

Eg: Pro-call & Bussiness
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    MTN only charges upgrade fee on the low usage packages.

Eg: My Choice & My call ranges.

All the Other packages are for free(No Admin fee).

Eg: Pro-call & Bussiness
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Grandmaster

ok ... not my area of expertise .... but from experience I only paid admin fees at the stores like games,makro,etc. ... but when I got it from mtnsp,etc. I only paid a connection fee, which u paid at the stores over and above the admin fee. I did not mean that the handset manufacturers give royalties, but the cell companies/service providers like mtn and voda give them some form of royalty/kick-back for signing on contract customers

Quote Originally Posted by JK8 View Post
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
    NP
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Makro always gives the most value for money when upgrading.

For eg certain packages are calculated with maybe a R2000 phone, so if you want a particular phone that R1500 then Makro gives u R500 in gift vouchers.

It works out well for those old ladies who are on higher packages and just want a standard phone, they end up getting up to R3000 in vouchers.

Very good idea...

My mother took a N91 just because it was available on that package and she wanted value for her money.... I can't tell U how many times I had to show her the same things over and over and over..... LMAO....

It's true nice idea from Makro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiekus View Post

That's a super nice phone you're getting, Fiekus!!

Please let us know your 'first impressions' on the N93....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast