Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: The Promotion Thread

  1. #1
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    1,519

    Default The Promotion Thread

    This is my 500th post on the MyADSL forum! I joined a little over a month ago. If I understand correctly, I will now be promoted to "Master" status?

    Anyway, everyone who gets a promotion to a new forum status, post your achievement here so we can congratulate you

    EDIT: Achieving Master status in a month is a bit easy, don't you think? Shouldn't the requirements be changed? Like 1 000 posts for Master, 5 000 for Grandmaster, 10 000 for Super Grandmaster etc?
    Last edited by Edwe; 19-12-2006 at 03:41 PM.
    "Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said." - Mark Twain

  2. #2

    Default

    Congrats..
    "I do not know with what weapons WW III will be fought, but WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

  3. #3

    Default

    Sigh - how quickly they grow

    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    5,072
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    The change in titles has been discussed many a time

    Congrats!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwe View Post
    EDIT: Achieving Master status in a month is a bit easy, don't you think? Shouldn't the requirements be changed? Like 1 000 posts for Master, 5 000 for Grandmaster, 10 000 for Super Grandmaster etc?
    Nooo!

    I'm having a hard time keeping up as it is already

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwe View Post
    This is my 500th post on the MyADSL forum! I joined a little over a month ago. If I understand correctly, I will now be promoted to "Master" status?

    Anyway, everyone who gets a promotion to a new forum status, post your achievement here so we can congratulate you

    EDIT: Achieving Master status in a month is a bit easy, don't you think? Shouldn't the requirements be changed? Like 1 000 posts for Master, 5 000 for Grandmaster, 10 000 for Super Grandmaster etc?
    Same here
    "I do not know with what weapons WW III will be fought, but WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Afreek du Zuid - KZN - Ramsgate.
    Posts
    10,531

    Default

    Number of posts don't count.

  8. #8
    Super Grandmaster hj2k_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    /\/\/\
    Posts
    27,824
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    hehe, Says the guy with the 3rd highest post count In truth, though, it doesn't really count for much...
    Last edited by hj2k_x; 18-01-2007 at 07:39 AM.

  9. #9
    Ninja Telkomisaloser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ __̴ı̴̴̡&
    Posts
    11,474
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    /me nin...

    Pah you not a Junior Member
    /me ninjas Edwe anyway

  10. #10
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telkomisaloser View Post
    /me nin...

    Pah you not a Junior Member
    /me ninjas Edwe anyway
    I feel honoured - my first ninja
    "Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said." - Mark Twain

  11. #11

    Default

    Well, if all goes well and no mod deletes any of my posts, this should be number 1000. Thanks to all for the advice information and fun over the last year or so. Keep on Truckin' !!

  12. #12
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    3,896

    Arrow

    Eesh, I'm still working on my K... we should have a Grand Vizier or something above 5000
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

  13. #13

    Default

    Congrats!!!

    I am only 1/2 way there.
    "I do not know with what weapons WW III will be fought, but WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

  14. #14

    Default

    Well done jabulani, I salute you and can only imagine what that status feels like..... sigh 59, 60, 61, 62..........

  15. #15
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    3,896

    Talking

    Join in TK, dawn... best way to pad postcount
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •