Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blue screen of death

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by wordhog View Post
    OMG. No, you really are very old. He was a mainframe man back then, so working with national railways in Rhodesia (as was) on punch card machines etc..... OK, maybe he's that old too LOL
    Not that old! As my older brother(!) is fond of saying; He's not old, just VERY experienced!
    Oh, and thanks for getting the wheels turning on my GPRS problem. I'm already seeing a slight improvement, unless it's just coincidence?
    Power of believe....

But maybe they are doing something already. Saw some comms around your problem earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by vodacom3g View Post
    Saw some comms around your problem earlier today.
    Just curious... is the problem to do with air interface (AI), base station, SGSN, GGSN...? (See now, we're back on topic Mr IC )

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by wordhog View Post
    Just curious... is the problem to do with air interface (AI), base station, SGSN, GGSN...? (See now, we're back on topic Mr IC )
    No idea yet, have not had any specific feedback.

Hmmm...you know the architecture

I doubt it'll be on the SGSN/GGSN, rather closer to home, might be that there's very little GPRS usage in your area and the time-slots are not enough. Or possibly transmission constraints.

Hmmm...you know the architecture
    Ha! Bet you weren't expecting that! OK, we'll own up - husband was contracted to Nokia and Motorola some time ago... helped design Nokia's GPRS offering... worked on Motorola's multi-vendor air optimisation program. Knew it would come in handy some day

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts - now I think it's about time we stopped being nerds for the night. I'm off.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel MUCH younger ... you're all older nerds than me (especially you V3G).

I only started when XT's came out and the first OS that I recall was DOS 3 .... unless you count that Atari console with tape drive that you could write code on.

When i was in high school they still had some old pcs that my teacher called eniacs. Those also didn't have hard drives and required dos floppy discs to boot up. I'm not to sure where these pcs fit into your pc history above

Power of believe....

But maybe they are doing something already. Saw some comms around your problem earlier today.
    I think I spoke too soon - it's back to snail's pace today. Let me know if there's any news please. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234