Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Good Car ???

Default Is This A Good Car ???

Can you guys tell me if you think the Nissan Primera is a good, reliable car ?
    2001 model 200 si
    2000 model 200 gsi.

Does anyone have any experience on this car?

I desperately need your help, I've gotta buy a car this week-end and I don't wanna blow my money on some crappy troublesome piece of junk.

Please don't talk about other cars , like "why don't you get the SL65 AMG?"

I'm only interested in knowing about this one.!

HELP!
    When you dance with the devil, you wait for the song to stop. - Barry the Baptist

Blog Entries

only ever seen them in our local touring cars, but honestly don't know sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I've never claimed to be nice.

I believe it is the SL 55 AMG, why don't you get one of those?
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    I believe it is the SL 55 AMG, why don't you get one of those?
    Why not the SL65?

A bit wheezy since they used the 2L Sentra STi engine (SR20DE) in slighty detuned form in the larger bodied Primera but it is a very good underated car as it competed against the Camry which most people rather chose.

Personally I would go for a Maxima rather ... very cheap and they have that rather wonderfull smooth Nissan V6.

I now seem to recall a problem with those early Sentra engines (only the carb fed versions me thinks) ... they cracked their cylinder heads like clockwork ... the problem afaik was traced due to an incorrect radiator cap fitted at the factory.

Thanks tibby.dude , very helpfull so far.
    So you reckon they're reliable as well , not too worried about engine power as long as it goes to 120 km/h.
    When you dance with the devil, you wait for the song to stop. - Barry the Baptist

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagotchi View Post
    Thanks tibby.dude , very helpfull so far.
    So you reckon they're reliable as well , not too worried about engine power as long as it goes to 120 km/h.
    All cars are very reliable as long as they are regularly maintained ... insist on a full service history (service book or invoices) of it and don't fall for the "the dog ate the book" or "will get it to you next week after you buy it" excuse .

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagotchi View Post
    So you reckon they're reliable as well
    Indeed ... the only Nissans I would not touch is the Pulsar and Almera (typical nasty Avis plasticy rental junk).

Were the Primeras not imported?
    Are their spares readily and cheaply available in S.A?

Was fully imported from the UK ... engine spares and servicing are available since it uses the same engine as the locally assembled Sentra/Sabre 2L ... lots of them still around.

You might struggle with strange stuff like trim (knobs,switches) as with any old car ... the worse possible thing would be the A/C ... make sure it blows cold.

It's a good, solid car. Not the sportiest of things, but they are quite dependable.
    " Has my reputation preceded me? or was I toooooo... quick for it? " -Z.Braniggen

My father owned the 200 si, and there was absolutely no problems with it. Then after two years he traded it in for the infamous BMW 320d, which the turbo blew 3 times... IMO, The Primera is a good buy

Thanks guys , seems like it's a good car then.

I say go for it. Was my dream car when it hit the market but I couldn't afford it then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast