Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Vista in Parallels

Thumbs up Vista in Parallels

First impressions:

Installation was very quick and easy. Vista installs using 4 ISOs, so for the first 8 minutes or so, you just need to reconnect the correct ISO via Parallels ... no problem.

Boot-up is MUCH slower than XP, but once booted, it is actually quite quick. I haven't installed Office or anything like that yet, but will have a go at it as soon as I can. Oh, set it to use 768Mb memory to speed up installation, gonna switch back to 512Mb to see how it handles it with a bit less memory.

Vista impressions: Not too sure yet (I just completed the installation). It does look pretty, but not too sure about the added features/benefits. And it is totally different UI to get used to ... back end principals remain the same, but I have to look for certain things, as they are not where they used to be
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron
    Vernon Koekemoer sal jou doodmaak, stadig en aaklig

Nope - no way am I going to spend that much money buying vista to run on my mac.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Nope - no way am I going to spend that much money buying vista to run on my mac.
    Yet again, I don't have to buy any MS products ... MS Partner program provides
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron

Which version of Vista?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Enterprise (I think)
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron

Ok - I was wondering if you had tried one of the many versions that wasnt licensed to be used in a virtual environment.

I know there were talks about the versions not being allowed in VMs, and thought that might be the reason why I can't get the damn thing activated
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron

You should be ok with enterprise though according to http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/...ons-233231.php

=================================