Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Thread: Checking balances / buying bundles with sim in data card / usb modem?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Meyer View Post
    Thanks
    I should have realised as much.

Is there any commands that contract users can use to check balances accept for vodacom4me, 082155 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky.akash View Post
    I'm pretty sure *111# should also work for contract. I'll test it out tomorrow
    The *111# USSD command does work for Vodacom contract users as well as prepaid. The contract option allows you to check your bundle balance and your account balance.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by sky.akash View Post
    The *111# USSD command does work for Vodacom contract users as well as prepaid. The contract option allows you to check your bundle balance and your account balance.
    By putting the sim in a phone (sigh)???

As mentioned at the bottom of my first post, you can use Ginggs Tool on your pc to run the USSD commands

Come on people, I still need more info on MTN and Cell C.

I am setting up a system that has a Vodacom 1 gig package on a E220 modem, now there is no way you can call and find out what is left, there no phone, and there is no cell number listed so I can hardly log on to the vodacom site and put in a cell phone number I do not have

Also when is the one gig period, is it at the end of the month, or from the date you got the card
    Above us only Sky

Un-metered Lives 2009

Check my first post for all the ways to check your balance straight from your modem Contract bundles expire at month end while prepaid data bundles expire 30 days after date of purchase. I'm guessing you have a contract bundle?

Thanks Sky.... I did read through it before I posted, from what I can work out is that I cannot use the Vodacom4me link because there is no cell phone number to put in - So I guess the best bet would be to SMS the balance, which I think that is were my problem is, everytime I use the Vodaphone SMS software it locks up when it has to do the Vodacom Mobile Connect... which seems to be because it cannot work out if it is a mobile phone or a connect card (which it is neither, or neither of which it is... LOL, you know what I mean)
    Last edited by DragonLogos; 30-07-2007 at 04:19 PM.
    Above us only Sky

Un-metered Lives 2009

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLogos View Post
    Thanks Sky.... I did read through it before I posted, from what I can work out is that I cannot use the Vodacom4me link because there is no cell phone number to put in - So I guess the best bet would be to SMS the balance, which I think that is were my problem is, everytime I use the Vodaphone SMS software it locks up when it has to do the Vodacom Mobile Connect... which seems to be because it cannot work out if it is a mobile phone or a connect card (which it is neither, or neither of which it is... LOL, you know what I mean)
    1) Which version of Vodacom Mobile Connect are you using?
    2) Did you not get a document with your sim card that indicates your Cell number?
    3) Can you read the sms's from your sim card?

Grandmaster

I am setting up a system that has a Vodacom 1 gig package on a E220 modem, now there is no way you can call and find out what is left, there no phone, and there is no cell number listed so I can hardly log on to the vodacom site and put in a cell phone number I do not have

Also when is the one gig period, is it at the end of the month, or from the date you got the card

you can sms MM to 31050

from what I have found out so far: (I am just the sucker that has to set up the PCs)

It is a 1 Gig contract with E220 Modem

I stuffed the SIM in the modem and the modem loads it own software and it works fine

The Vodacom Certificate only has the following, PIN # PUK # and SIM card number - The Cell number is blank, both on the card and on the certificate

The little book that comes with the 64K SIM is called the Vodacom Contract Connector Pack... and all the info in is related to using it on a cell phone, which would be great if I had one, but seeing as the SIM is tucked up in a little white blob hanging from the USB port, well it is not much use... other than taking it out and beating the person that wrote the book to death with
    Above us only Sky

Un-metered Lives 2009

Grandmaster

from what I have found out so far: (I am just the sucker that has to set up the PCs)

It is a 1 Gig contract with E220 Modem

I stuffed the SIM in the modem and the modem loads it own software and it works fine

The Vodacom Certificate only has the following, PIN # PUK # and SIM card number - The Cell number is blank, both on the card and on the certificate

The little book that comes with the 64K SIM is called the Vodacom Contract Connector Pack... and all the info in is related to using it on a cell phone, which would be great if I had one, but seeing as the SIM is tucked up in a little white blob hanging from the USB port, well it is not much use... other than taking it out and beating the person that wrote the book to death with
    I have just looked at my documentation and I can find everything I want accept for the Cell number.

Phone 082155 and give them the sim card number and they will give you the Cell number.

Take the sim card, put it into a cell phone and give somebody a miss call and get the number from them.
    Last edited by Csnoopy; 30-07-2007 at 10:18 PM.

If you on Mtn contract first u would need to dial 0831238000 to setup ur password then once thats done. You dial *162*password# to check ur free minutes, sms bundles, billed calls etc

NOTE: only works for mtnsp customers not nashua or italk or autopage

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper21 View Post
    If you on Mtn contract first u would need to dial 0831238000 to setup ur password then once thats done. You dial *162*password# to check ur free minutes, sms bundles, billed calls etc

NOTE: only works for mtnsp customers not nashua or italk or autopage
    Vodacom is easier you goto vodacom4me register your cell number and there you go. Provided you know what it is. Works for any Vodacom SP. As long as it is a Vodacom number.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnoopy View Post
    Vodacom is easier you goto vodacom4me register your cell number and there you go. Provided you know what it is. Works for any Vodacom SP. As long as it is a Vodacom number.
    Lol i was not saying that its easier i just said it coz he asked how to do it. To Each his own

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper21 View Post
    Lol i was not saying that its easier i just said it coz he asked how to do it. To Each his own
    OK

No I said VC is easier.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast