Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Build your own 9mm Sub Machine Gun

  1. #1

    Default Build your own 9mm Sub Machine Gun


  2. #2
    Super Grandmaster supersunbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Garsfontein, Pretoria
    Posts
    18,839

    Default

    Nice!
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    I rest my case.... with illegal firearms on the increase, I can only but wonder what motivates such people.

    How does this fall in to "Gun owners are majorly responsible" ?

  4. #4
    Grandmaster DagegeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Aston Manner, Kempton Park
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I rest my case.... with illegal firearms on the increase, I can only but wonder what motivates such people.

    How does this fall in to "Gun owners are majorly responsible" ?
    it's a mind set .... the press. gets a 90mill wall ... we have no crime .... and wee we dont have anyproblem with illeagal weapons ....
    Liebe ist die stärkste Macht der Welt,
    und doch ist sie die demütigste,
    die man sich vorstellen kann..

  5. #5
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    3,896

    Arrow

    Please note: in SA, you need a firearm license to buy ammunition, rendering this design pretty useless unless you have some way of making or buying ammunition.

    Also, RichardP, I'd like to point out that someone interested in machining a firearm doesn't make him irresponsible, any more than a hobbyist knife-maker is irresponsible.

    A point on logic: don't take a single example and use it to classify a group. Using that logic I could take the case of an antigun lobbyist who physically attacked a gun-rights speaker and claim that anyone in favour of banning guns is violent and uncontrollable.

    Please note, the above example actually happened. The gun-rights speaker was hurt, but didn't draw his firearm as he didn't perceive the antigun lobbyist to be a serious threat to his life. Hence he showed a damn sight more restraint than the antigun lobbyist. Not the only case either, yet there has never been a documented attack on any antigun figure by a pro-gun assailant. Makes the gun-owners a bit more responsible and level-headed than the gun-banners.

    Have you ever heard of a "Zip-gun"? It's the name for a class of small, homemade firearms generally used by criminals. If people want firearms then they're no problem to make, and the concept has been around for decades.

    This person is motivated by the fact that illegal firearms are on the increase, and they need a defense against them.
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

  6. #6

    Default

    I dont know if this is still the case, but when I had my 9mm I had a look around, and it seemed there were no qualifications or requirements for you to become a gunsmith. You can put a sign outside your door saying "gunsmith" and start fixing guns the next day.

    I hope the situation has changed since then:-) It seemed a bit scary
    I hang about at vernsvapes.com. Use:stingray/nemesis, vtc4, quasar/3d dripper

  7. #7
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    3,896

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    I dont know if this is still the case, but when I had my 9mm I had a look around, and it seemed there were no qualifications or requirements for you to become a gunsmith. You can put a sign outside your door saying "gunsmith" and start fixing guns the next day.
    Since when? Far's I know gunsmiths have always been licensed. Anyway, if anyone ever bothered to read the law they'd know that the FCA Chapter 7 Part 3 sections 59 to 72 lay down the requirements to be licensed as a gunsmith, not to mention that gunsmiths have to complete a competency procedure as well. However, in order to make firearms you need a manufacturer's license, covered earlier in chapter 7. Gunsmiths aren't allowed to build guns.
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

  8. #8

    Default

    These guys posting about a license and and and.

    Do u guys know how easy it is to get ammunition from PNP. I have a licensed fire arm and have never had to buy ammunition. The Government is trying to render us useless. So we make a plan. I can tell u now, ammunition... There is plenty
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leitmotif View Post
    Since when? Far's I know gunsmiths have always been licensed.
    this was in 1986, and the facts came from saga (think it was saga...some gun magazine i bought every month)..they had quite a nice article explaining how horrid this was, and how there was still no certification process.
    note: I'm not saying you dont need a license, I'm saying as far as I remember from the article there was no course/training/qualification you could take to say "I am a certified gunsmith"
    I hang about at vernsvapes.com. Use:stingray/nemesis, vtc4, quasar/3d dripper

  10. #10

    Default

    Remember not to test fire yourself. Invite a friend who has a hot girlfriend you like

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leitmotif View Post
    Please note: in SA, you need a firearm license to buy ammunition, rendering this design pretty useless unless you have some way of making or buying ammunition.

    Also, RichardP, I'd like to point out that someone interested in machining a firearm doesn't make him irresponsible, any more than a hobbyist knife-maker is irresponsible.

    A point on logic: don't take a single example and use it to classify a group. Using that logic I could take the case of an antigun lobbyist who physically attacked a gun-rights speaker and claim that anyone in favour of banning guns is violent and uncontrollable.

    Please note, the above example actually happened. The gun-rights speaker was hurt, but didn't draw his firearm as he didn't perceive the antigun lobbyist to be a serious threat to his life. Hence he showed a damn sight more restraint than the antigun lobbyist. Not the only case either, yet there has never been a documented attack on any antigun figure by a pro-gun assailant. Makes the gun-owners a bit more responsible and level-headed than the gun-banners.

    Have you ever heard of a "Zip-gun"? It's the name for a class of small, homemade firearms generally used by criminals. If people want firearms then they're no problem to make, and the concept has been around for decades.

    This person is motivated by the fact that illegal firearms are on the increase, and they need a defense against them.
    Have You ever heard of YOUR black market (literally) where you can but anything from ID's, Passport, gun licenses, ammo, drivers licenses, Guns supplied by the police to be used for crime, etc... Just watch special assignment now and then and you would be surprised!

  12. #12
    Software Communist Tux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    /home/gru
    Posts
    13,080
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    These guys posting about a license and and and.

    Do u guys know how easy it is to get ammunition from PNP. I have a licensed fire arm and have never had to buy ammunition. The Government is trying to render us useless. So we make a plan. I can tell u now, ammunition... There is plenty
    Agreed. very easy to get ammo. I do have several licensed firearms and havent had to go buy 9mmP or shotgun rounds from a gunshop in years. Just go up to your local corrupt cop and order a few boxes. Much cheaper than shops
    עם ישראל חי
    Join us at eRepublik. We need you.

  13. #13
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    3,896

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by froggytoo View Post
    Have You ever heard of YOUR black market (literally) where you can but anything from ID's, Passport, gun licenses, ammo, drivers licenses, Guns supplied by the police to be used for crime, etc... Just watch special assignment now and then and you would be surprised!
    By definition illegal and uncontrollable. The cops know it exists but don't do a damned thing, mostly because they can't. Personally I think someone working on an SMG made out of pipe fittings is probably doing it for fun or doesn't have the knowledge required to find and buy a black-market gun. It's not as if it's hard to buy an illegal firearm. The police, military, immigrants and MK have seen to that.

    werner: ah, I understand your point now. However, as I said now there's a unit standard for gunsmithing competency. Guess we're a little better off. Or would be if there were any gunsmiths left, since the CFR has killed most of their business and thus their livelihoods, and thus the livelihood of their families. Then again, at least the gunsmiths have it better than the dealers. Over 90% of the dealers have gone bankrupt since the CFR went into disarmament mode. That's millions lost in trade, people bankrupted, jobs lost and families destroyed. Not to mention that SA is becoming a wasteland as far as international hunting is concerned, due to the red tape. That's tourism revenue lost, and money lost by the game farmers... foreign capital that would have come into our country. Sigh.

    Hmm. That got a little sidetracked. Oh well.
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

  14. #14
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    3,896

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Gru View Post
    Agreed. very easy to get ammo. I do have several licensed firearms and havent had to go buy 9mmP or shotgun rounds from a gunshop in years. Just go up to your local corrupt cop and order a few boxes. Much cheaper than shops
    Sigh, but they only have 9mm ball... useless for self-defense. I shoot a 40, and I prefer *effective* ammo...
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

  15. #15
    Software Communist Tux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    /home/gru
    Posts
    13,080
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leitmotif View Post
    Sigh, but they only have 9mm ball... useless for self-defense. I shoot a 40, and I prefer *effective* ammo...
    9mm ball easy to adapt with a drill
    +p+ round. smallish ballbearing in the hole that you seal with wax. If you know ammo then I dont have to describe what that mothertrucker does when it hits something
    Not something I'd recommend for your average backyard user tho
    עם ישראל חי
    Join us at eRepublik. We need you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •