Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TELKOM ADSL WiFi Router (4 Port)

Blog Entries

Default TELKOM ADSL WiFi Router (4 Port)

What ever you do, don't do a reset on these units! As you will never get back into the unit, as the default user name and password (username : admin password : administrator) will no longer be valid I am currently on the 5th unit for the day and have told TELKOM I will continue to reset the units, until I find one that has the default settings as stated So far they cannot supply me with the correct password, so I will continue to lock up the routers, take them back, get another and lock it as well This is fun!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by EchoZA View Post
    What ever you do, don't do a reset on these units! As you will never get back into the unit, as the default user name and password (username : admin password : administrator) will no longer be valid I am currently on the 5th unit for the day and have told TELKOM I will continue to reset the units, until I find one that has the default settings as stated So far they cannot supply me with the correct password, so I will continue to lock up the routers, take them back, get another and lock it as well This is fun!
    Okay I do have a similar router (the one where the wifi arial is fixed to the modem)

So what happens to the username and password?
    In recent days I've discovered that your IQ is linked to your post count!

So where do I know where not to look for a router?
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    So where do I know where not to look for a router?
    I think he got it for free, with the self installation.

That's were I got mine from...
    My other one is an Billion 7300G, great router!

Blog Entries

i have an old TELKOM POTS which I am connected via now, the WiFi one I got from a TELKOM ADSL install where the router was/is not needed. If I hook it to my line, it connects and I can get to TELKOM site, but the same with the last 5 units. Once you hard reset the unit (hold in the reset button as stated in the manual and in the manual and EasySETUP on the CD) but still nada, no passwords work. anyone got any ideas? Or passwords I can try?

Blog Entries

and, as stated by TELKOM and MARCONI...

If you have changed the password and forgot what it had been changed to, then you can reset the router to the default state by pressing the reset button for about 10 seconds (while the unit is powered). Note after resetting the router all your customised configurations will be lost.
    hehehe, maybe they need "real" technicians!

Super Grandmaster

Give 0800375375, they not busy now. Or did you try that already?

Blog Entries

hehehe I tried that number, they went through the whole (scripted) speil and then they were stumped, guess I will be borking all the stock that is available in DBN

Super Grandmaster

Well here in JHB no one can take a chance. When to 4 different shops to get myself a free modem.

Blog Entries

Guess I'm heading to nearest TELKOM branch in the morning for unit number 6 This is so much fun

Super Grandmaster

Glad you enjoy it, should give them a bill for the kilometers you spend on the road,

Why dont you take 2 at a time?

Blog Entries

I have a current router that has worked for 4 years, was just wanting to get this WiFi one working, and I'm also bug proofing the units for a corporate roll out of +-600 units Imagine me returning 600 odd units to TELKOM they will **** themselves

Super Grandmaster

I have a current router that has worked for 4 years, was just wanting to get this WiFi one working, and I'm also bug proofing the units for a corporate roll out of +-600 units Imagine me returning 600 odd units to TELKOM they will **** themselves
    ROFL

username : admin password : administrator.....So far they cannot supply me with the correct password
    the password is: admin
    +-1600kb ADSL : TelkomSA, WebAfrica prepaid, OpenWeb uncapped
    Ex Sentech MyWireless 256, Ex 384kb ADSL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    the password is: admin

Tried that and nope, gone through my list of +-200 user name and password variables and nothing, zip, nada

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast