Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you answer a 'number withheld' phone call?

Default Do you answer a 'number withheld' phone call?

I always think it's really dodgy when you get a phone call from a 'number withheld' number, or do you disagree?

I'm starting to send those calls straight to my voice mailbox....

Proper business's and corporate companies have multiple lines so the number is withheld.

Unfortunately I can't cos I know some of them will be from work ..... blerry irritating really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

I have one of those At least half of the calls I receive come from 'number unknown', so yes I answer them...no choice really.

I was on myBB when I posted this, then caught another wave elsewhere.

Yes, most of the time I do. You must keep in mind though that a call originating from behind a switchboard almost always shows up like that.
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap, and build your wings on the way down.

life is short, eat dessert first

I'm sure Telkom invented that 'number withheld' thingie, so that you couldn't see what numbnut from Telkom has phoned you...

And when you phone Telkom's number, you're greeted with a labyrinth of options... thank goodness I don't have to deal with them!!!

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Skype calls also arrive with a number unknown. So I do answer them!

Grandmaster

Arrow

I answer blank numbers. Haven't been cursed with marketers in a long time :P
    :: Cannot brain, I have the dumbs.

Super Grandmaster

I hate answering it. but then I think, what if its my mom or someone that I know is in trouble...so end up answering it anyway...only to find out that it a fricken sales agent trying to sell me insurance or timeshare.

I answer all calls
    Quote Originally Posted by Devill View Post
    Suck it boodles ..!.
    Quote Originally Posted by alf101 View Post
    As someone once said:
    Suck it boodles ..!.

NEVER !

To many clients ect. phoning me on my cell. If they show their number @least I can check who they are and have a heads up before I pick up or phone them back.

Just my 2c
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Smile

my phone is not that busy...so i answer every single ring.....but when it's someone wanting to sell me an insurance product or something i don't need i just hang up!!!

Calls with numbers I answer with announcing my name,

calls without numbers (number withheld, private numbers, no numbers) enjoy my last priority, so if I have absolutely nothing else to do, I answer with just a "hello".. Or sometimes somebody else near me answers the phone if I don't..

The problem is that most callers do not realize this, and some callers do not even know they are calling without a number.

Anyways, though luck, they can SMS me (so I still get their number).

On that note, how many of you receive multiple "please call me"'s from unknown numbers, and what do you do with those?? (or does this justify a different threat?)

Quote Originally Posted by AmaDownload View Post
    Calls with numbers I answer with announcing my name,

calls without numbers (number withheld, private numbers, no numbers) enjoy my last priority, so if I have absolutely nothing else to do, I answer with just a "hello".. Or sometimes somebody else near me answers the phone if I don't..

The problem is that most callers do not realize this, and some callers do not even know they are calling without a number.

Anyways, though luck, they can SMS me (so I still get their number).

On that note, how many of you receive multiple "please call me"'s from unknown numbers, and what do you do with those?? (or does this justify a different threat?)

Pls call me from unknown number ?
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast