Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Buying MTN airtime online

Super Grandmaster

Default Buying MTN airtime online

Like the title says, anyone know where I can buy MTN prepaid airtime online with a credit card? Somewhere I don't have to go through major registration processes etc.

Thanks.

Grandmaster

Can't you do it via online banking?

On FNB I can buy airtime from online banking... don't even need a credit card.. just my debit card..

Otherwise I'd have a look at Pick n Pay online shopping.. don't know if you can buy airtime there, but I'm guessing odds are you can.

Super Grandmaster

FNB says I'm not validated to do it for some reason, thanks anyway.

Grandmaster

Oh? Weird?
    Speaking of that.. their website also won't accept my "was Virgin Mobile was Vodacom now MTN" number either... it says: "Please enter a valid prepaid number" ... ?

I don't know what they think my number is..

Super Grandmaster

I've been to a branch about 3 or 4 times to try and get it sorted out, can only view balances, can't make payments etc. Going to go once more and they better get it working...

Quote Originally Posted by Syndyre View Post
    I've been to a branch about 3 or 4 times to try and get it sorted out, can only view balances, can't make payments etc. Going to go once more and they better get it working...
    Did you manage to sort this out?

MTNDD

Super Grandmaster

Well i'd also like to know of places where i can buy airtime with a CREDIT CARD [not cheque/savings] . Problems i have atm:

1. ABSA only allow to buy airtime with a cheque/savings account [i have 2 CCs on my account, i can only pay with the cheque account]

2. ABSA only allow me to buy MTN airtime in increments of
    R30, R60, R180 .

--> Point 2 means i need to make 3 transactions to buy a 1GB bundle, which is crazy and i'm sure i'm paying per transaction.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MTN_Data_Dude View Post
    Did you manage to sort this out?

MTNDD
    Haven't had the energy to face them again yet. But its an FNB problem not an MTN one.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
    Well i'd also like to know of places where i can buy airtime with a CREDIT CARD [not cheque/savings] . Problems i have atm:

1. ABSA only allow to buy airtime with a cheque/savings account [i have 2 CCs on my account, i can only pay with the cheque account]

2. ABSA only allow me to buy MTN airtime in increments of
    R30, R60, R180 .

--> Point 2 means i need to make 3 transactions to buy a 1GB bundle, which is crazy and i'm sure i'm paying per transaction.
    Yes you pay per transaction. Today i've loaded R210.00 airtime to buy the 350 Meg PP Bundle and i've paid R3.00 on the R180.00 as well as R3.00 transaction fee on the R30.00 at ABSA. I buy my MTN airtime from Pep Stores where i get a small discount on airtime, but they're not open on sundays.
    Last edited by CellBel; 01-04-2007 at 06:08 PM.