Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A 400 watt sub..

Question A 400 watt sub..

How loud is a 400 watt RMS sub. Will it be like slightly having bass, loud, or will it shake the car completely.

And please note thats RMS, anyone can say they have 10000 watt speakers, meanwhile they 100 watts RMS.
    :: i7 920 :: CoolerMaster CM690 :: 12GB Corsair :: 7.5TB ::
    :: Sammy 37" :: ATI6870 :: Win7 :: 4 meg uncapped

Quote Originally Posted by 4cer View Post
    How loud is a 400 watt RMS sub. Will it be like slightly having bass, loud, or will it shake the car completely.

And please note thats RMS, anyone can say they have 10000 watt speakers, meanwhile they 100 watts RMS.
    400W RMS!

400W is f@cking loud! It has the ability to make you deaf!

It depends on the SPL of the Sub used, as well as the THD of the amplifier used,

400W RMS could make you deaf if you had 100 SPL speakers,

but 1000W RMS could sound no louder than a beat box, if you had 82 SPL Speakers...

Quote Originally Posted by 4cer View Post

It will depend on your amp! Crap amp, crap sound high powered monoblock can sound reallllly good!!
    What make is it?

Master

With a sub the box that you use also makes a big difference, it must be tuned to the frequency you want to boost. My box is tuned to 40 hertz but with 400w you could go a bit lower, maybe 35?
    And yes, the amp must be good, a 500w mosfet (cause you can bridge it) is what i would use. That combo will shake the car next you!
    This space is available for advertising. Contact me for pricing.

I looked at the title of the thread, and thought "A 400W sub? Damn, if that's how loud the sub is, imagine the dom!"

Maybe I just have a dirty mind...

400w RMS is plenty.

A good Type D amp (monoblock or bridged) and a proper install will def. rock your car.
    " Has my reputation preceded me? or was I toooooo... quick for it? " -Z.Braniggen

and mush your brains too.....
    <shudders>

Quote Originally Posted by AK65 View Post
    and mush your brains too.....
    <shudders>
    Nah I doubt it, it will just be more pure and also if its a 15" the bass will just be much smoother, it will make you wanna turn it up more and more!!!

I got a 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 which is 200W RMS, running off a Rockford monoblock and it pounds!

400W RMS will be plenty to shake the car, provided it's powered by a decent amp. If you're gonna run a 75W RMS amp into the sub then you're probably wasting your time. But if you run upwards of 200W RMS then it'll crank.

Also depends a lot on the enclosure, how deep it is, it's length, how large the port is etc.
    Procrastination is like masturbation. It may feel good at first, but when you look at the task at hand, you're actually screwing yourself.

CAPETOWN,I have a device,I see telkom/thread killa/neotel.mm
    Blog Entries

bass port must not exceed 80mm raDius
    here is a new members tip
    customwerkz hosted by domaincheap

I had a dj...dream

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I looked at the title of the thread, and thought "A 400W sub? Damn, if that's how loud the sub is, imagine the dom!"
    *sound of sarcastic comment flying over assorted car sound fundis' heads*

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...262748,00.html

Thats the sub, its a pioneer...

12" DVC Subwoofer w/Dual 4 ohm or 2 ohm Voice Coils
    1200 Watts Maximum Power
    400 Watts Nominal Power
    89dB Sensitivity
    18Hz
    500Hz IMPP w/Aramid Fiber Composite Cone
    83 Oz. Ferrite Double Stacked Magnet System
    3-Layer Woven Radial Surround 4-Layer
    2.25" Round Copper Voice Coil with PI 180 Voice Coil Wire Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole Magnet Cover Single Sided Push Terminals

For those capped..

what amp would you guys recommend.

how much money do you have
    " Has my reputation preceded me? or was I toooooo... quick for it? " -Z.Braniggen

Lol.. hmmm.. not too worried about money i can afford that sub easy just dont wanna spend like 5000 on an amp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast