Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: MTN 3g Slow

Default MTN 3g Slow

HI, I have got the MTN usb modem and the 2 Gb Bundle last week. I installed on Friday and the speed was quick but since monday the speed has been very slow. Luck if i get 192kbs. Anybody have suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nhulley View Post
    HI, I have got the MTN usb modem and the 2 Gb Bundle last week. I installed on Friday and the speed was quick but since monday the speed has been very slow. Luck if i get 192kbs. Anybody have suggestions?
    could always move to vodacom but beware, their customer service is non-existant and at time unhelpful including the rep on this forum which is why i still remain an MTN voice customer
    PhII 955BE :: Corsair H50 :: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB :: Gigabyte HD7850 2GB :: Vantec 500w ]

MTN's 3G was very slow last night. Took me 35 minutes to send a 1.25MB email. My 56k dialup would have been faster.
    Don't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!!

Default MTN upload speed sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rph72 View Post
    MTN's 3G was very slow last night. Took me 35 minutes to send a 1.25MB email. My 56k dial up would have been faster.

If you didn't notice, MTN has the slowest upload speed ever, even worse than hellcom. MTN have restricted their upload speed to maximum of 70kbps......

Quote Originally Posted by acidrain View Post
    could always move to vodacom but beware, their customer service is non-existant and at time unhelpful including the rep on this forum which is why i still remain an MTN voice customer
    Same here. I had MTN 3G, but moved to Vodacom 3G, because I only got 1 bar reception at home and at work.

Now I get full reception (5 bars) at home and 4 bars at work. Marvellous.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by acidrain View Post
    Always found their service good, especially V3G but everybody has their own experiences I suppose.

I have got MTN HSDPA but I am not at all impressed. Sometimes but only sometimes I get good download speed but the upload speed is really not good at all. When I had ADSL I always had a consistent up/download speed. But the thing that upsets me the most is that when I got the MTN HSDPA contract nobody told me about the upload speed and then one needs to sign the contract that says they do not take any responsibility if you do not get the speed you require. And there customer service is, or must I say what customer service. I have tried phoneing and emailing and to date nobody has contacted me. So question I have? Which is the best MTN or Vodacom. I took MTN because everyone I spoke to told me it was the best. But I diver.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Same here. I had MTN 3G, but moved to Vodacom 3G, because I only got 1 bar reception at home and at work.

Now I get full reception (5 bars) at home and 4 bars at work. Marvellous.
    I had full bars, but my connection still sucked. The connection went inactive all the time. Can't wait for decent/affordable ADSL.
    Don't argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!!