Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Iburst Accounts Department

Default Iburst Accounts Department

Hi,

I had my ADSL installed around mid-March. While I was actively using my IBurst contract, the accounts department once charged me for an extra month by "mistake" and they only agreed to reverse it once I asked my lawyer to email them.

Due to pathetic service and speeds and I dsl around mid-March. At that time I wrote an email to IBurst saying that when my contract ended on the 7 June 2007 I wanted it STOPPED. I was happy to pay up to that point but nothing more.

I then called in to confirm their receipt of the email and they said it would be taken care of.

Fast forward to today and I notice that they have in fact now gone on and charged me for the WHOLE OF JUNE. Are these people retarded?

I have tried speaking to a "supervisor" in the accounts department and he has absolutely NO CLUE what to do. In fact, I doubt he even understands the problem.

His explanation is that "since I used the modem after I send the email in march (which requested the contract be stopped at its end on 7 June), they charged me for the whole of june." So because I used the modem in April, they think its fair to keep charging me for past the date that I asked for it to be stopped?

Does this sound completely absurd to anyone else?

So this supervisor gives me the number of the person in charge of cancellations. I've tried calling him all day long. It's awesome how if his phone rings more than 5 times it goes straight to the call centre.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get to talk to someone who actually matters and who is capable of understanding the problem?

I hate spending time on random **** like this but I feel like this is down right theft.

Rishan

Exclamation Take note...

Quote Originally Posted by rishanb View Post
    Are these people retarded?
    Rishan
    Think you answered your own question... Best to go through a third party like Tradepage or the like that has their own billings dept. But your only solution now is to put a stop on iBurst's debits, as it will continue even after you cancelled, search the forum….

iBurst decided to go the Telkom route - no information to customers, no customer service, zip, zero, nothing....well... I think iBurst will be out of business next year.

*I sent them an email two months ago, still waiting for the reply. Wonder if there are still people working there?

Think you right kingrob, the staff made such a mess of EVERYTHING, they most probably automated all services.

I've noticed they are not responding to my emails anymore either - should have thought twice before reporting them to the ASA & ICASA.

Quote Originally Posted by who.is.michael View Post
    Think you right kingrob, the staff made such a mess of EVERYTHING, they most probably automated all services.

I've noticed they are not responding to my emails anymore either - should have thought twice before reporting them to the ASA & ICASA.
    Very sad, indeed.

When iBurst launched in SA, I was SO excited and couldn't wait to get my modem and start surfing.

Now, all that 'excitement' has disappeared & been replaced by.....nothing.

easiest thing to do go to the bank and reverse the debit order and ask the bank to STOP the debit from ever going off ever again. and volia no more iburst