Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 80 1 23451151 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Bible says about atheists and evolutionists

Default What the Bible says about atheists and evolutionists

The Bible on Atheists:

Psalm 14:1
    The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

The Bible on Evolutionists:

2 Peter 3:3-7
    First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." For this they are wilfully ignorant of, that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

These words contradicts so much of how the bible preaches about love and tolerance towards your fellow man... then again, these are again, if taken out of context, fighting words, whereas I'm sure that these just describe how a man (like Peter) would feel towards non believers

If you live by the 10 commandments there is no need to *find* anything to justify why your choice in religion is correct and why others are wrong.

The same mentality of "I'm right and your wrong" is why wars are waged, lives are lost and for what? "My God can kick your God's ass?"

No thank you. In life, if you achieve true balance, you love and respect *everyone*.

The love and tolerance is towards fellow christians. God is not interested in anti-christians or people who are anti-God, and these verses quoted above are in reference to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Junkie View Post
    The love and tolerance is towards fellow christians. God is not interested in anti-christians or people who are anti-God, and these verses quoted above are in reference to those people.
    Oh no my friend, love thy neighbour, never in the bible it says anything about being tolerant and loving towards only those persons of your own religion.

Then I'm afraid I'd rather not believe in God if he's such a ignorant close minded moron.

Oh btw, God is ESPECIALLY interested in anti-christians or people who are anti-God BECAUSE they are his children and he would like them to come back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Oh no my friend, love thy neighbour, never in the bible it says anything about being tolerant and loving towards only those persons of your own religion.

Then I'm afraid I'd rather not believe in God if he's such a ignorant close minded moron.
    Then don't. Neighbour is your fellow christian.

Oh btw, God is ESPECIALLY interested in anti-christians or people who are anti-God BECAUSE they are his children and he would like them to come back to him.
    Where on earth do u get that? If people are not interested, it makes no sense for God to still be interested. That's why, hell is there.

Then don't. Neighbour is your fellow christian.
    Please quote the bible (as you do so diligently) where it specifies "Love thy neighbour as...." and then "but only if they're also Christian"

That type of ignorance and hostility towards other beliefs is what is wrong with humanity.

Where on earth do u get that? If people are not interested, it makes no sense for God to still be interested. That's why, hell is there.
    I'm sorry that you're so misguided, but the bible clearly says how God feels about ALL his children (his children being humans, irrespective of race or religion)

by confessing our sins before God, we will be forgiven and our sin debt will be wiped away through the shedding of his Son's innocent blood at Calvary! It is a gift of such magnitude that it can not be comprehended, for it is neither earned or deserved (Romans 6:23). It is testimony to the grace of a righteous and holy God who is also incredibly loving and compassionate, who died "while we were still sinners" (Romans 5:8).
    Nowhere does it say you have to be Christian to be loving and compassionate towards others (only being Christian). God doesn't throw you away or send you to hell if you don't believe in him. All you have to do is confess your sin's infront of him and he'll accept you and your past transgressions.

He loves unconditionally, even if you're the biggest sinner of them all. Its up to you to see that and move towards him. If God created us in his own image, why shouldn't we try to be as loving as He is towards EVERYONE not just our own religion?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Please quote the bible (as you do so diligently) where it specifies "Love thy neighbour as...." and then "but only if they're also Christian"

That type of ignorance and hostility towards other beliefs is what is wrong with humanity.
    This love all business is utter garbage.

Matt 10:34 - Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

This sword is devision between non-christians and christians.

Joh 10:26 - But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    Joh 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Mat 7:23 - And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This confirms Christ is not for everyone, and therefore if He is not for everyone, then it is impossible for everyone to be your neighbour.

I'm sorry that you're so misguided, but the bible clearly says how God feels about ALL his children (his children being humans, irrespective of race or religion)
    Where did u learn this ? The Bible is a christian book for christians.
    Last edited by The Cosmos; 02-06-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Super Grandmaster

in the last days
    It has been the last days for two thousand years. Maybe he meant a godly day, i.e. a hundred million years or something like that. Repent people we have a mere few hundred million years left.

I came not to send peace but the sword. <-- Means He's not there to make decisions for us. It means he gave us free will to decide whatever we want. And it means he will not interfere with trying to convince anyone to be a Christian.

I guess the interpretation of your preacher and mine of the bible is different. Is that even possible when they went to varsity for this?

An even better one for atheists:

Romans 1:20-35 (Amplified Bible)
    20For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification],(A)

21Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and [a]godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.

22Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

23And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin],

25Because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed forever! Amen (so be it).(B)

26For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions. For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural and abnormal one,

27And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another--men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own [b]bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution.

28And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome,

29Until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, and malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] secret backbiters and gossipers,

30Slanderers, hateful to and hating God, full of insolence, arrogance, [and] boasting; inventors of new forms of evil, disobedient and undutiful to parents.

31[They were] without understanding, conscienceless and faithless, heartless and loveless [and] merciless.

32Though they are fully aware of God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them.

Super Grandmaster

I think we all know Hinduism is the one true religion.

Super Grandmaster

Isn't Romans all part of Paulism?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noxibox View Post
    Isn't Romans all part of Paulism?
    I guess you are wrong.

You receive salvation by accepting the work Christ did on the cross for you as person and the remainder the world...

Then this quote from Richard Dawkins:

"The more statistically improbable a thing is, the less can we believe that it just happened by blind chance. Superficially the obvious alternative to chance is an intelligent designer." Dr. Richard Dawkins, Department of Zoology, Oxford University "

Page 1 of 80 1 23451151 ... LastLast