Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Barring Password

Super Grandmaster

Default Barring Password

Heya peoplz

I managed to block my barring password after noticing my Video Calls were barred from making outgoing video calls. So I tried to deactivate it.. and I guess I didn't get my correct code three times. (yes, smart me)

Anyways, I contacted Nashua Mobile to reset my code, the person at the Customer Care desk hardly knew what I was talking about. At the end she finally said okay she would reset the code to the default Vodacom 1111 for me.

So then I said great, thanks very much etc etc.. Will my phone then be unbarred and also no longer suspended. She says yes.

Now here is the question, how long should this unbarin take?
    Last edited by MrG; 16-06-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers - AJ Carpio"
    ~ Twitter: MrG_SA ~

If she resets the barring password it will not remove the actual outgoing video call barring but enable you as a subscriber to control subscriber controlled barring i.e you will still need to enter #33*1111# (remove all outgoing barring video call included)

Super Grandmaster

Yeah, they did explain that to me when I called again, however my account is still suspended :/ but they say my account is fine, and there are no network locks at the moment.

However to reset the barring password they said it will take up to 24 hours. So will wait that period.

Super Grandmaster

As I said I spoke to them and they said its the barring password, which they reset, and it would take 24 hours.

So far it still says barring password blocked....

Vodacom3G, if your barring password is blocked will it say that "Your call has been forwarded to a recorded announcement, please be advised your cellular service has been suspended. Please contact your service provider about the reconnection of your account"?

Nashua says there is nothing wrong with my account from their side. Everything is fine? However my barring password is blocked according to my handset. This is a real pain cause every time I call them they need to speak to my father being the contract holder and he lives in a different province. They gotta call him every time and alot of the time he isnt available.

I don't feel like calling them a billion times

Does the 24 hour period include weekends? or will this only be done during the week?

Normally with a subscriber controlled block it does not go to the announcement but displays 'Note: call barrings and triple tone is heard. Looks like you have an operator lock on your phone i.e. your phone is suspended.

Super Grandmaster

It displays that as well. "Call Barred" on the phone itself. Then says please be advised your cellular service has been suspended.

Will call them tomz again. Clearly the barring password reset had no affect.

Super Grandmaster

Hey edientz,

I didn't think you were correct, because it was giving the same issue on another handset, but I have now learned that a handset block doesn't necessarily mean, a specific handset

They said I should be FINALLY unbarred tomorrow. This is like the freaking 6th call to Nashua Mobile. lol

Fun fun fun... next time I wont be such an idiot as to put the wrong barring password in three times

Quote Originally Posted by Edinetz View Post
    Normally with a subscriber controlled block it does not go to the announcement but displays 'Note: call barrings and triple tone is heard. Looks like you have an operator lock on your phone i.e. your phone is suspended.

Super Grandmaster

Calling them now again.... lets see what they say.

I know if kinda talking to myself here, but its nice to have some sort of outlet where I at least think someone is listening lol

Super Grandmaster

YAY, finally fixed

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    Hey edientz,

I didn't think you were correct, because it was giving the same issue on another handset, but I have now learned that a handset block doesn't necessarily mean, a specific handset

They said I should be FINALLY unbarred tomorrow. This is like the freaking 6th call to Nashua Mobile. lol

Fun fun fun... next time I wont be such an idiot as to put the wrong barring password in three times
    A subscriber controlled bar is not controlled by the phone but by the network, just that you can control it yourself (provided you have locked up the password) so changing phones would have not affect. Did Nashua give you an explanation?

Super Grandmaster

Nashua told me it was an Administrator Lock on my account. They had to call the Vodacom network while I was on the phone to remove the lock. Im just surprised this took 9 phone calls and 10 days.