Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: First artificial life 'within months'

Default First artificial life 'within months'

Scientists could create the first new form of artificial life within months after a landmark breakthrough in which they turned one bacterium into another.

In a development that has triggered unease and excitement in equal measure, scientists in the US took the whole genetic makeup - or genome - of a bacterial cell and transplanted it into a closely related species. This then began to grow and multiply in the lab, turning into the first species in the process.

If that experiment worked, it would mark the creation of a synthetic lifeform.
    Source

Incredible!

Super Grandmaster

Cool... the end is near... I've been waiting all my life for this moment :P

Quote Originally Posted by texo View Post
    Source

Incredible!
    Very much so. Yet also chilling

Now how is the Darwinists going to explain all this? "There was no such thing as creation" only evolution. Haha.

Blog Entries

Hmmmmmmmm Telkomisaloser2

Quote Originally Posted by NoADSLyet View Post
    Now how is the Darwinists going to explain all this? "There was no such thing as creation" only evolution. Haha.
    What are you trying to say?

Grandmaster

McDonlads 2050 food court..on the StarShip DoC.............

> I'll have Bacon 'n eggs combo please

> Sir will that be with cheese, with peppers, on a bun, with all the fixin's?

> Yes

> Here you go

> Jissis that was quick!

> No problem sir .. we use this new device called a "replicator"..here enjoy your ration

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/16929-38med.jpg
    8 years on this forum...but will I survive another 8 ...

CAPETOWN,I have a device,I see telkom/thread killa/neotel.mm
    Blog Entries

gawd damn,what will the future hold now?
    here is a new members tip
    customwerkz hosted by domaincheap

I had a dj...dream

I once heard a joke I liked, leading scientist from the future, challenge God to create life, God goes first, picks up dust from the ground and makes a perfect person, the scientist tries to pick up some dust to perform the same feat, God stops them, and says "make your own dust".

Vote ANC: Zuma is the best president money can buy!

let's try this again...

Quote Originally Posted by NoADSLyet View Post
    I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference to the Darwanian theory.

It's not like evolutionists believe nothing can be created, it's just that we don't believe everything was created the way it was now... or anywhere close to it. We are the most intelligent beings to ever exist on this planet, just because we can start creating things doesn't change a thing

Quote Originally Posted by lsuacner View Post
    I once heard a joke I liked, leading scientist from the future, challenge God to create life, God goes first, picks up dust from the ground and makes a perfect person, the scientist tries to pick up some dust to perform the same feat, God stops them, and says "make your own dust".
    lol that's classic

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by GavinMannion View Post
    It's not like evolutionists believe nothing can be created, it's just that we don't believe everything was created the way it was now... or anywhere close to it. We are the most intelligent beings to ever exist on this planet, just because we can start creating things doesn't change a thing
    Yup, who says the idea of evolution is limited to physical bodies? Artificial Intelligence can simply result from human intelligence.

Super Grandmaster

Impressive technology, amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Geriatrix View Post
    Yup, who says the idea of evolution is limited to physical bodies? Artificial Intelligence can simply result from human intelligence.
    Yep. Artificial intelligence inside a computer. Wouldn't that be a universe inside our universe?

Think about it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by lsuacner View Post
    @ Isuacner - Spot on!

If someone can take the basic elements (from the periodic table) and have a process that can create a living cell from that without using anything from an existing cell, I would agree to qualifying "creating artificial life" but this is transplanting DNA. A significant achievement but not at the creation level yet IMO.

cool. we going to have artificial gods as well ?
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach
    Latest: Rather spooner than later