Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Macbook external display

Default Macbook external display

How does this work?

Can you have an external display and use the normal display at the same time?

I would love to have two monitors again, with dragging of curser between the two seamlessly.

Also, any thoughts on when updates are coming? Everything seems to be iPhone, iPhone, iPod, iPhone these days in the rumors mills. Have until September to wait until purchase happens.
    GPSTravelMaps

I rarely visit you guys these days...

Quote Originally Posted by vespax View Post
    How does this work?

Can you have an external display and use the normal display at the same time?

I would love to have two monitors again, with dragging of curser between the two seamlessly.

Also, any thoughts on when updates are coming? Everything seems to be iPhone, iPhone, iPod, iPhone these days in the rumors mills. Have until September to wait until purchase happens.
    Yes, afaik you can but I would sooner get the MBP which has a much more powerful, dedicated graphics card. Also the MBP has recently been updated.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

vespax, it works like a charm ... You have the option to either expand the desktop, or to mirror the main display. I am sitting with a HP L1925 LCD next to my MBP, dedicated to my XP virtual machine
    Flickr Photos
    Google it you moron
    Vernon Koekemoer sal jou doodmaak, stadig en aaklig

That's great news! Looking forward to it.

MBP would be grand, but the extra 5-7000 rand could go towards something else more fun! decisions...

Thanks guys.
    GPSTravelMaps

That's great news! Looking forward to it.

MBP would be grand, but the extra 5-7000 rand could go towards something else more fun! decisions...

Thanks guys.
    You still have family stateside? Buy it from Amazon.com

Its the same price for a MBP there as a Black MB would cost here.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    You still have family stateside? Buy it from Amazon.com

Its the same price for a MBP there as a Black MB would cost here.
    I can relate to the way you rationalize spending money!

I was always planning on buying it in the states when I am back there though, so not really a 'true' saving of $$$.

I like white and I don't see big enough advantages of the MBP over the MB that I would really need to spend the extra cash on. .2 ghz of speed increase, graphics card, etc. I'm not as intense as I might appear in the daily computer usage category.

Compared to my current 800 mhz G4 iBook and a Compaq Presario laptop, the MB will feel very speedy for me I'm sure.
    GPSTravelMaps

I can relate to the way you rationalize spending money!

I was always planning on buying it in the states when I am back there though, so not really a 'true' saving of $$$.

I like white and I don't see big enough advantages of the MBP over the MB that I would really need to spend the extra cash on. .2 ghz of speed increase, graphics card, etc. I'm not as intense as I might appear in the daily computer usage category.

Compared to my current 800 mhz G4 iBook and a Compaq Presario laptop, the MB will feel very speedy for me I'm sure.
    What are you going to use it for primarily?

The graphics card makes a big difference and the backlit keyboard is worth the extra green all on its own The extra ram, larger hdd, and better cd/dvd dont hurt either.

mostly normal stuff. Internet, email, office apps (MS Office) some small business work, video watching, some GIS, blah, blah, blah.

Nothing too hardcore. I'm not like some around these forums who can't watch an extra minute or two for something to finish compiling or whatever. I'll just waste more time here while it is running in the background.

Now, if someone wants to make a donation to my "Make sure VespaX buys a MBP" fund, then I'll send a paypal link straight away! Any takers?
    GPSTravelMaps

Place an order with newegg for some extra ram but be prepared to bin the 2x 512k that come pre-installed.

Wow. 40 bucks is far cheaper than the Apple 175! Thanks for the tip.

Always used Crucial before.
    GPSTravelMaps

Wow. 40 bucks is far cheaper than the Apple 175! Thanks for the tip.

Always used Crucial before.
    Between that and amazon you should save enough to being me back a crate of blueberry poptarts.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Between that and amazon you should save enough to being me back a crate of blueberry poptarts.
    I'll try to keep you in mind between all my tasty***e bings that month!
    GPSTravelMaps

lol

the forum censured sugary goodnees
    GPSTravelMaps

lol

the forum censured sugary goodnees
    rolf - that didnt work either. tinyurl to the rescue?

GPSTravelMaps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast