Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: ripping from an ipod?

Default ripping from an ipod?

Is there ne software out there that can rip/convert ipod files to mp3? Reason i ask is im quite the skellem and when i take my lappy to a friends house and there lies an ipod, i immediately leech everything off it. Unfortunately im stuck with all the file formats that ipod uses.

p.s. no one be koi and tell me to buy the cd's cos one song aint worth R100 no matter what song it is.

Thanks,
    PhII 955BE :: Corsair H50 :: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB :: Gigabyte HD7850 2GB :: Vantec 500w ]

There is no ipod file type per se. iPods play AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV. iTunes handles them all.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

agg bloody hell, moment of stupidity again. forgot it was the file structure that was peeving me off not the file... all of them are in mp3 but have to rename them so winamp can sort it properly... bah.

thanks ne ways bwana
    PhII 955BE :: Corsair H50 :: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB :: Gigabyte HD7850 2GB :: Vantec 500w ]

Quote Originally Posted by acidrain View Post
    agg bloody hell, moment of stupidity again. forgot it was the file structure that was peeving me off not the file... all of them are in mp3 but have to rename them so winamp can sort it properly... bah.

thanks ne ways bwana
    Search for ipod control for winamp > winamp.com, there is a function called "get songs not in library"(this will get all songs that are not currently on ur hd)

Good Luck

iPods play AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV. iTunes handles them all.
    I don't see 'ogg' on that list