Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Huawei Mobile Connect [HMC], Huawei Mobile Partner [HMP], Huawei E220

Are you looking for software or firmware?

Default vmc-lite

Software! but i was under the impression the software was bundled into the firmware package? I wouldnt mind running the latest VMC-Lite 2.2.2.1, just not sure how I would get it? :

I don't use Vmc but I'm pretty sure the software and firmware are 2 separate files.

Grandmaster

Hi Guys

The Only problem i found with Mobile Partner sofar is during installation. It happens during the installation of the CD-ROM Drive after the software has been installed. On several occasions(3 to be exact), i got a BSOD. On one of those occasions the modem was left plugged in, and upon Windows booting up(after the welcome screen) another BSOD...

Sofar the customers i loaded HMP for has been very happy
    Has joined the Cell C Revolution... Whoosh!!

Talking finally up 2 date

thanks guys I finally have it all sorted out

e220 firmware - E220Update_11.110.05.00.00(3.6M Vista)
    Software - VMCLite_E220_2.2.2.1_standard

Wicked.

now there's just this naughty vpclog.txt problem to sort out - http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=84514

thanks all!

That's why it is better to use the Huawei software

Grandmaster

I have just got my modem working after +- 7 weeks, It even got the Vodacom techie confused. If i upgrade the software will it not put me back in the same boat i was 7 weeks ago?

Grandmaster

In what boat were you 7weeks ago?

So I decided to try the Huawei Mobile Partner software people have been speaking of here.

The layout is very basic, nothing fancy, which it great.

Had a small problem with it after installing it, where it would freeze everything for a minute or two. But restarted the PC and it worked fine after that.

I must say that connecting is much faster than the VMC software. Usually with the VMC software it takes a while to authenticate and connect. Where the HMP - you click the connect button and you're connected instantly.

Overall...let's just say...it works to get you connected.
    Keith and the Girl - the BEST podcast on the net!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by nuyork View Post
    So I decided to try the Huawei Mobile Partner software people have been speaking of here.

The layout is very basic, nothing fancy, which it great.

Had a small problem with it after installing it, where it would freeze everything for a minute or two. But restarted the PC and it worked fine after that.

I must say that connecting is much faster than the VMC software. Usually with the VMC software it takes a while to authenticate and connect. Where the HMP - you click the connect button and you're connected instantly.

Overall...let's just say...it works to get you connected.
    Do you need more "Substantiated" proof that the VMCLite Software does have a few more bugs that needs sorting out, v3g?

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Iam3G View Post
    Do you need more "Substantiated" proof that the VMCLite Software does have a few more bugs that needs sorting out, v3g?
    Well, actually....yes. Don't see anything in ny's post

What bugs are you referring to? From nuyork's post it sounds like HMP was the one hanging....

The connection time is a function of the modem and network interaction, the dash has little to do with it. Could well be that the changes made on the network over the last week is bringing the time to connect down, it's in line with what we expect to see.

BTW, I've got VMC 9.2, VMC-Lite and HMP installed on my XP notebook and use all 3 to connect with my E220 (using the firmware that was installed by VMC-Lite)

I find they all 3 take about the same time to connect, which is what I would expect in any case.

Using all three, I've not really found a favourite, but then I only connect once a week or so. (I only turn my laptop off when I need to go to meetings with it)

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by vodacom3g View Post
    Well, actually....yes. Don't see anything in ny's post

What bugs are you referring to? From nuyork's post it sounds like HMP was the one hanging....

The connection time is a function of the modem and network interaction, the dash has little to do with it. Could well be that the changes made on the network over the last week is bringing the time to connect down, it's in line with what we expect to see.

BTW, I've got VMC 9.2, VMC-Lite and HMP installed on my XP notebook and use all 3 to connect with my E220 (using the firmware that was installed by VMC-Lite)

I find they all 3 take about the same time to connect, which is what I would expect in any case.

Using all three, I've not really found a favourite, but then I only connect once a week or so. (I only turn my laptop off when I need to go to meetings with it)
    This i know Just trying to get your attention. But i must agree with ny, somehow the E220 does connect faster with HMP(and also HMC) than with VMCLite.

i also have all those installed. Excepting for VMC9.x. This thing is already so slow, i dont need to be slower + HMC also.

I've even found cases where the Dashboard of VMCLite is cluttered up, and re-installing doesnt help.

Which leads me to think that there isnt really anything wrong with the software itself, but with how it interfaces with Windows. Coz thew way i see it, VMCLite, was designed to work with a fresh copy of Windows. I dont think its adapts itself to whatever the setup is on the Machine its being installed to.

I had trouble installing VMC 9.2 the other day. Was giving me some error stating that VMC cannot be started on a Windos Guest account. So I had to install HMP for forcing 3G Only.

I had a computer administrator account, plus I created a new administrator account, and I even logged on as administrator.
    Keith and the Girl - the BEST podcast on the net!

Grandmaster

You running windows XP or Vista?

THANKS guys for the great thread its been such a great help
    i had customer with a e220 modem and vista and i had problem making it connect and reconnect after like 5 attempts , so i went to this forum and found this wealth of information from vodacom forum and i flashed the modem with the july release of the Huawei software and used mobile connect and the modem is working like a supa modem and no problems at all
    Huawei software is so much better !!!!!

thanks again guys

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast