Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Vodacom GPRS Settings

Default Vodacom GPRS Settings

Hi there, can anyone help me...

I'm trying to manually set up GPRS access on a phone using the Vodacom 4u Pay as you go package. I need the Proxy IP/Proxy port/LoginID etc... Is it possible to setup manually as Vodacom does not send me the settings when I call the helpdesk?.....

The phone is Motorola V3

Thanks

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Malasius View Post
    Hi there, can anyone help me...

I'm trying to manually set up GPRS access on a phone using the Vodacom 4u Pay as you go package. I need the Proxy IP/Proxy port/LoginID etc... Is it possible to setup manually as Vodacom does not send me the settings when I call the helpdesk?.....

The phone is Motorola V3

Thanks
    Profile name: Internet.GPRS

Homepage: http://wap.vodacom4me.co.za

Proxy: 196.006.128.012

Proxy Port: 8080

leave the rest as is

GPRS APN: internet

that should do it.

If you want to set up MMS as well, create a new profile. All that needs to change is the homepage(changes to http://mmsc.vodacom4me.co.za), the Proxy IP(changes to 196.006.128.013) and the APN(changes to mms.vodacom.net). Go to messages settings ->> MMS Settings ->> Create new profile ->> Select the MMS one you created.

This has always worked when i setup customers settings. Just make sure if you are prepaid to call 155(option 5) and have your SIM provisioned for Data(ask them to activate the internet and MMS APN's for you).

Leave Username and Password blank
    Last edited by Iam3G; 17-08-2007 at 10:15 AM.
    Has joined the Cell C Revolution... Whoosh!!

Have you tried dailing *111# and doing it through that set of menus?

Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    Have you tried dailing *111# and doing it through that set of menus?
    Yes I have, Did not work for me. Not sure why...

Quote Originally Posted by Iam3G View Post

leave the rest as is

that should do it.

If you want to set up MMS as well, create a new profile. All that needs to change is the homepage(changes to http://mmsc.vodacom4me.co.za), the Proxy IP(changes to 196.006.128.013) and the APN(changes to mms.vodacom.net). Go to messages settings ->> MMS Settings ->> Create new profile ->> Select the MMS one you created.

This has always worked when i setup customers settings. Just make sure if you are prepaid to call 155(option 5) and have your SIM provisioned for Data(ask them to activate the internet and MMS APN's for you).

Thanks for the help! I will try this and will let you know if it works

Yes I have, Did not work for me. Not sure why...
    Try again.

your SIM also need to be activated for GPRS.

That can take 24 hours.

get the settings sent form www.vodacom4me.co.za
    Travel the World_

Grandmaster

Not neccesarily. If you're lucky it can activate in 10 to 15mins. I've seen this happen, and it happened to me too personally.

leave the rest as is

that should do it.

Hi its still not working. I have received automatic settings from VC and have tried to set up manually with the settings above. It tells me set-up incomplete when I try to load internet browser. The phone is from the UK so was originally set up on UK mobile provider Tesco. The phone has been unblocked though and is working in S.A on VC. Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks for the help

Grandmaster

Hi its still not working. I have received automatic settings from VC and have tried to set up manually with the settings above. It tells me set-up incomplete when I try to load internet browser. The phone is from the UK so was originally set up on UK mobile provider Tesco. The phone has been unblocked though and is working in S.A on VC. Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks for the help
    Which of the profiles are "Set to default"?

Do me a favor, post here what you see in the "Edit" part of the profile. If the phone is from the UK, then i musta missed something.

The default profile is called 'Tesco' in the menu. You can't change the name. All settings in that profile match the settings above (the same settings that VC have sent me many times)

Here is everything that is in the EDIT part profile: (without settings)

Name:
    Homepage:
    Service Type1:
    Proxy1:
    Port1:
    Domain1:
    Service Type2:
    Proxy 2:
    Port2:
    Domain2:
    DNS1:
    DNS2:
    Timeout: 15mins
    CSD1:
    Username1:
    Password1:
    Speed BPS1:9600
    Line type1: Modem
    CSD2:
    Username2:
    Password2:
    SpeedBPS2:9600
    Linet type2:modem
    GPRS APN:internet
    Username:
    Password:

Not familiar with Moto-roller phones, but I suggest using a different settings profile - something fishy about all the CSD stuff in that Tesco profile, and then set the default to the new settings profile...

Grandmaster

The default profile is called 'Tesco' in the menu. You can't change the name. All settings in that profile match the settings above (the same settings that VC have sent me many times)

Here is everything that is in the EDIT part profile: (without settings)

Name: Internet.GPRS
    Service Type1: HTTP
    Proxy1: 196.006.128.012
    Port1: 8080
    Domain1:
    Service Type2:
    Proxy 2:
    Port2:
    Domain2:
    DNS1:
    DNS2:
    Timeout: 15mins
    CSD1:
    Username1:
    Password1:
    Speed BPS1:9600
    Line type1: Modem
    CSD2:
    Username2:
    Password2:
    SpeedBPS2:9600
    Linet type2:modem
    GPRS APN:internet
    Username:
    Password:
    Thats about it really. All in bold is what needs to be changed. Try changing the Tesco profile to that if you can, becoz you need to have the Vodacom settings set to the default, otherwise you cant do anything.

I had a customer once who also had a Motorola from UK. I set it up, and it worked, well... only worked when i clicked on "Launch". There was no way to set it to default.

So try that.

Thats about it really. All in bold is what needs to be changed. Try changing the Tesco profile to that if you can, becoz you need to have the Vodacom settings set to the default, otherwise you cant do anything.

I had a customer once who also had a Motorola from UK. I set it up, and it worked, well... only worked when i clicked on "Launch". There was no way to set it to default.

So try that.
    Ok its working now! I used the above settings on the Tesco profile (default). All up and running now... Thanks for your help man really appreciate it!

Grandmaster

Ok its working now! I used the above settings on the Tesco profile (default). All up and running now... Thanks for your help man really appreciate it!
    All in a day's work