Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Mtn e220 Data service My experience!!!

Angry Mtn e220 Data service My experience!!!

I got my brand new e220 wireless modem on friday from mtn on a 24 month contract.I chose the 1gig option and was told i get a extra gig free.

I went online friday the 24th checked my e-mail my connection was slow
    after awile it got allot better.(note i DID not download ANYthing i browesed)

Here comes the GOOD part i woke up the next moring i i wanted to connect
    again and got the failed to connect error .I phoned mtn data support
    these guys were VERY helpfull they told me my card was suspended
    and i asked why they dont know i phoned the service provider they said
    sorry they will unsuspend it within 2-24 hours........And i waited today sunday the 26 at 12:45 i tried to connect again connection failed got my self a prepaid card put it into my modem it works without a problem .

I hope they fix it otherwise i will just buy the modem and go on prepaid.

So i phoned mtn again for the 9th time they answered it was data support again and they told me my card is still suspended and then they put me through to someone ells because they dont know why this was after i was promised it would be activated.

And the guy at mtn client or acount service told me my acount was suspended because i REACHED my CREDIT limit of 1gig.

Wow 1gig out the window for checking ones e-mail
    He told me i would only be able to use it again at the end of the month

Well i am going to cancel my contract asap on monday if thats the service i get i am not the kind of person who likes to pay for NOTHING!!!
    So please think it througth before you go for the contract.
    My prepaid card i loaded a 100mb data bundle and i even played games on it ALL weekend and downloaded 10mb its STILL not finished BUT my 1gig contract is done for because i checked my e-mail on it
    Last edited by Petruz; 26-08-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petruz View Post
    I got my brand new e220 wireless modem on friday from mtn on a 24 month contract.I chose the 1gig option and was told i get a extra gig free.

I went online friday the 24th checked my e-mail my connection was slow
    after awile it got allot better.(note i DID not download ANYthing i browesed)

Here comes the GOOD part i woke up the next moring i i wanted to connect
    again and got the failed to connect error .I phoned mtn data support
    these guys were VERY helpfull they told me my card was suspended
    and i asked why they dont know i phoned the service provider they said
    sorry they will unsuspend it within 2-24 hours........And i waited today sunday the 26 at 12:45 i tried to connect again connection failed got my self a prepaid card put it into my modem it works without a problem .

I hope they fix it otherwise i will just buy the modem and go on prepaid.

So i phoned mtn again for the 9th time they answered it was data support again and they told me my card is still suspended and then they put me through to someone ells because they dont know why this was after i was promised it would be activated.

And the guy at mtn client or acount service told me my acount was suspended because i REACHED my CREDIT limit of 1gig.

Wow 1gig out the window for checking ones e-mail
    He told me i would only be able to use it again at the end of the month

Well i am going to cancel my contract asap on monday if thats the service i get i am not the kind of person who likes to pay for NOTHING!!!
    So please think it througth before you go for the contract.
    My prepaid card i loaded a 100mb data bundle and i even played games on it ALL weekend and downloaded 10mb its STILL not finished BUT my 1gig contract is done for because i checked my e-mail on it
    Have you requested an itemised billing for your account?

The usual procedure they give you is to check for viruses / spyware / p2p programs / auto updates that run in the background, that could possibly have used up your data bundle.

But obviously if this was the case you would also have had a problem when using the PPDB.

So now the best route would be to get the itemised billing. Cancelling the contract will be a real pain in the @rse, but might be better than getting screwed over like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sky.akash View Post
    Have you requested an itemised billing for your account?

The usual procedure they give you is to check for viruses / spyware / p2p programs / auto updates that run in the background, that could possibly have used up your data bundle.

But obviously if this was the case you would also have had a problem when using the PPDB.

So now the best route would be to get the itemised billing. Cancelling the contract will be a real pain in the @rse, but might be better than getting screwed over like this.
    Ok this was a clean system i formatted my harddrive 2 days before i got
    the e220 and i got avg atispyware and avg anti virus runing so you can
    rulle those out AND EVEN MY WINDOWS UPDATES WAS OFF.
    I will give them till mid week to fix it....If they dont i have to cancel this.

Like you said i think i am being skrewed.
    How does itemised billing work and how do i apply for it.

If it was a virus or spyware my 100mb data bundle i bougth on prepaid would have been gone but i am still using it since saterday.

I have been playing games with it for like 12 hours and checked my mail.

HOW DO I GET THEM TO FIX THIS I TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING.
    Even gonne phone head office today.
    Last edited by Petruz; 27-08-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petruz View Post
    Ok this was a clean system i formatted my harddrive 2 days before i got
    the e220 and i got avg atispyware and avg anti virus runing so you can
    rulle those out.
    I will give them till mid week to fix it....If they dont i have to cancel this.

Like you said i think i am being skrewed.
    How does itemised billing work and how do i apply for it.

If it was a virus or spyware my 100mb data bundle i bougth on prepaid would have been gone but i am still using it since saterday.

I have been playing games with it for like 12 hours and checked my mail.

All is 100% correct.

This is what happened.

You have a credit limmit on your account. With your first inv you get billed Pro-rata + 1 full month in advance. This made you go over your credit limmit.

Your Sim was reactivated, I fixed the barring on the network systjme this morning ad it should be working fine now.
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    All is 100% correct.

This is what happened.

You have a credit limmit on your account. With your first inv you get billed Pro-rata + 1 full month in advance. This made you go over your credit limmit.

Your Sim was reactivated, I fixed the barring on the network systjme this morning ad it should be working fine now.
    So you mean i will have my 1gig to and my sim will connect?
    If thats true i would be very happy guy i will check it after work.Thanx ALOT.

Just a tip for other people having trouble with mtn go to pitbull
    this guy REALLY helped me out.
    Last edited by Petruz; 27-08-2007 at 10:25 AM.