Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Johannesburg to Mafikeng (Mmbatho?)

Default Johannesburg to Mafikeng (Mmbatho?)

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could suggest how I could get myself from Johannesburg to Mafikeng safely? I've tried finding flights with SAA for the 3rd of November, but they don't fly to Mafikeng that day :\ Are there any other airlines that do? I can't find any. Buses/ trains are not an option, neither are taxis.

I have family in Zeerust, which is where I am to go eventually. I've looked at flights to Gaborone and it's relatively cheap, but the driving distance for them is still quite far, and there probably isn't any safe trasport from Gaborone to Zeerust huh.

I would love suggestions, I'm kinda stuck. Also, does anyone know of any airlines that fly to Bethlehem, Free State, or surrounds? *closer than 100KM*

Thanks in advance.

Well mafikeng is not really that big, the problem is, when the plain has stopped on the run way, you need to take a bus back to town hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Anyhows, I think the train might be the best bet for you, if you have to fly on that day, or driving if you want to rent a car (last time I checked, the roads are still road worthy)

Quote Originally Posted by dghough91 View Post

I was wondering if someone could suggest how I could get myself from Johannesburg to Mafikeng safely? I've tried finding flights with SAA for the 3rd of November, but they don't fly to Mafikeng that day :\ Are there any other airlines that do? I can't find any. Buses/ trains are not an option, neither are taxis.
    Translux bus ?

Also, does anyone know of any airlines that fly to Bethlehem, Free State, or surrounds? *closer than 100KM*
    Best bet is to fly to Bloemfontein & drive to Bethlehem.

Quote Originally Posted by blueghost_39 View Post

Best bet is to fly to Bloemfontein & drive to Bethlehem.
    Bethlehem to Bloemfontein is about the same distance as Bethlehem to Johannesburg, so it's not really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueghost_39 View Post
    Translux bus ?

Are they safe? (sorry for my ignorance), it's just that I'll be carrying several very expensive items and I'm a bit paranoid.

Bethlehem to Bloemfontein is about the same distance as Bethlehem to Johannesburg, so it's not really worth it.
    Scenery amongst the route from Bloem to Bethlehem quite nice - going through all those little "dorpies"

Are they safe? (sorry for my ignorance), it's just that I'll be carrying several very expensive items and I'm a bit paranoid.
    Luxury coaches are pretty decent - Intercape also is a service provider. Might check too see if they travel from JHB to Mafeking.