Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Anyone moving to London?

Default Anyone moving to London?

I am in a few weeks... just checking if anyone else

Grandmaster

Yup.

And am paying for my family to move over next year too.

Cool bru. London itself or just somewhere in the UK? Personally I wouldn't stay anywhere but London.. I get there 1 December!

Grandmaster

Going to travel all around the UK. See where i like it more. (but probably will end up back in London! )

Damn, you will beat me there by 4 days!

Awesome guys. How are you doing it? Legacy Visa's? Or did you apply and they gave you one?

Grandmaster

Ancestry Visa. Thanks Grandad!

Damn grandad's! dude, can your family like adopt me and then I can go as well?

I have a wee European passport lying around somewhere... and my lady applied for a British passport and got it!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Damn grandad's! dude, can your family like adopt me and then I can go as well?
    Go over on a 2-year working visa and then come to an "arrangment" with a british chick or guy.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by a-person View Post
    I have a wee European passport lying around somewhere... and my lady applied for a British passport and got it!
    SWEET. I never knew how important an EU passport or visa could be until i got one. Literally a life saver.

When my girl got her passport she didn't seem to think much of it. I quickly told her that people would kill for one if they could! And.. my European passport...well not as good as a British I suppose but exactly what one needs as a stress-free ticket to rainy days and big fat pounds!

I'll miss home sure... but I'm not going to wake up when I'm 35 and say 'I wish I did it...'

Quote Originally Posted by lion_fish View Post
    Go over on a 2-year working visa and then come to an "arrangment" with a british chick or guy.
    Dude I know a South African girl who's done this... and she's bloody miserable! Her and the guy live together...and she has to wait 8 more months to gain citizenship...they don't even speak or go out.

So be careful if this is your plan!

huh? no im not marrying anyone except my lady. So I can try and apply for a british passport and if they so no tough? mkay

Acid just make sure you get the list of requirements from the Embassy in Pretoria and you'll be able to answer that question yourself. There are 3 NB documents you need... your mom's British birth certificate being the most important.

London . . . no thanks. England has so much to offer outside of the smoke but people seem to get all glossy-eyed about it.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast