Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom ADSL Technical Support

Thumbs down Telkom ADSL Technical Support

right, so I just got off the phone with tech support after waiting for 30minutes...I phoned @ 00:00 and got through at 00:30. What the hell?!?! There is no way in hell that there are 100 other guys like me that phone at 00:00. and even in the hypothetical situation that there were in fact some other people with the same plan as me, then Telkom should have more staff to handle the call volumes they receive. I mean seriously! it's rediculous! I actually don't know why I'm surprised...actually I'm not...I'm just so frustrated!!!

Support from Telkom? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by wernerhp View Post
    right, so I just got off the phone with tech support after waiting for 30minutes...I phoned @ 00:00 and got through at 00:30. What the hell?!?! There is no way in hell that there are 100 other guys like me that phone at 00:00. and even in the hypothetical situation that there were in fact some other people with the same plan as me, then Telkom should have more staff to handle the call volumes they receive. I mean seriously! it's rediculous! I actually don't know why I'm surprised...actually I'm not...I'm just so frustrated!!!
    I wasn't aware that Telkom had a support line. I did know that they had a time wasting phone in frustration creator, so this must be something new.

Did they solve your problem?
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    I wasn't aware that Telkom had a support line. I did know that they had a time wasting phone in frustration creator, so this must be something new.

Did they solve your problem?

They have a line, but not much support.

Recently spent around 8 hours on the phone with a problem over 7 days.
    About 30 min of that time was spent talking to their morons, rest of time was spent on hold while being thanked for my patience.

U have to keep calling them until u eventually get an intelligent support person.

Think it was the 5th person I spoke to that solved the problem.

Grandmaster

Umm you'd be surprised as too how many calls come through at night... I would know as I worked nightshift.
    Too Damn Duidelik!

Very frustrating. I've given up on calling them for any kind of help.
    After waiting for almost 2 hours once when someone DID finally answer, he didn't know what the problem was as none of the things he told me to do, worked. So he very politely put me back in the queue, without any warning! Only to wait for many more hours and speaking to 4 more people.

And then of course, the standard answer of "You've reached your cap". And my protests to the contrary fall on deaf ears because they simply don't know HOW to help.

So yesterday I phoned again and escelated the problem after waiting 45min in the queue. Later the day a techy came out and worked on the line. Unfortunately I wasn't available while he was there. After he left we discovered that the PABX system won't take any normal phone calls any more. so now the DSL is fixed and all the phone lines are down. After getting another guy out this morning to fix the phone lines again, everything seems to be working...for now...

The neighbour's DSL is probably now broken!

MyBB Legend

i don't know what the hell Telkom's problem is. the solution is simple - employ more ppl and build more offices for technical support. this shouldn't be a problem at all since they suck all our wallets dry.

Apparantly there are rumors of Telkom curbing their staff. Fun times as usual.

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarri View Post
    Apparantly there are rumors of Telkom curbing their staff. Fun times as usual.
    you must be joking. what the hell do they have a death wish or something?

Are selfdestructing companies here to stay ?