Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry Users in South Africa

Default BlackBerry Users in South Africa

Didn't notice a place on the forum where user's can share BlackBerry pin numbers to use with BlackBerry Messenger.

Here is mine I am 23/M/CT 2522DE82 add me if you keen to chat or waste time!

Quote Originally Posted by drew137 View Post
    Didn't notice a place on the forum where user's can share BlackBerry pin numbers to use with BlackBerry Messenger.

/me ninjas drew137
    /me greets the ninja'ed drew137
    Welcome to the forums

Now stop spamming

I dont think I'd ever reveal my PIN messaging number to anyone I didnt trust absolutely.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

RAS

/Bows....

lol - there are hundreds of BB users on this forum.

All lead by Bwana. The other users of a BB are Bwana, Bwana, Bwnana, Bwana, and Bwana.

As there are to many BB users, and the names list will get to long, i'll leave it as it is.

But your guarenteed, that Bwana will ride with you on the BB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why many people dont have BB's?

/me doesn't have a BB

I wouldn't say no to one, though...

Oh well I tried!

Oh well I tried!
    AFAIK the device's pin number is hard, if not impossible, to change so if you give it to the wrong person . . . .
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Then you just block them! Or you just deny there request! It seem's South African's are scared of this technology!

Are you certain they cant still use your pin for regular messaging even if you deny in your messenger application.

Besides, what's the point in using pin if you can use google, yahoo, or ms messenger with everyone and not just bberry users?

Your BB device is assigned a pin for messaging and you register that pin with your IEMI number when your device registers with the BB server.

Pin messaging is much easier and quicker than all those other silly little apps that chow up the device's already small memory!

I just expected more South African's to use the service seeing as we are so addicted to SMSing!

I've got yahoo, facebook, and gTalk all running and there's no problem with memory - truth be told facebook chows battery so I rarely run it.

I do also run bb messenger, have done for years, but I dont want to have to go through the effort of blocking so I choose my contacts for that judiciously. If I dont want to talk to a gtalk contact I delete them from my contacts and there's nothing they can do. AFAIK blocking someone from pin'ing me takes a third party app that will also use up resources.

BB Messenger used to make a lot of sense because pin messages were included in the fee but now that all data is . . . .

This is very true, I didn't realize the Facebook app chows battery no wonder my battery only last's 2 days!

The blackberry and free internet thing sounded tempting.

Hows the browser and the general experience using the net from the device?

The PIN is hardcoded to the device, you cannot change device and retain the PIN as far as I can recall

EDIT: On a side note, I was in Canal Walk recently and walked into a particular Voda store, the BB's they had on display were shocking, cracked screens, worn buttons .... cant see why they have that on display. Anyway, 3 months without the crackberry, my support group tell me that I am doing well.
    Last edited by mccrack; 22-11-2007 at 04:32 PM.
    nulled[void]
    GuildWars Guild: www.nulled.za.net

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast