Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which of these Role-Playing games is the best?

Default Which of these Role-Playing games is the best?

Hi

Which one of these titles are the best?

1) Neverwinter Nights?
    2) Guild Wars?

I've played the BaldursGate series back in the day and loved it, so I want something similar and due to the amount of time these games consume I can only pick one

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by hermansteyn View Post
    I've played the BaldursGate series back in the day and loved it
    simple then

NeverWinter Nights
    If we were made from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Let's be clear about this; Neverwinter Nights 1 is good.

Neverwinter Nights 2, I'm sure we'll all agree, is a complete piece of crap absolutely nothing like the first one that should not be available to the public.

GuildWars is also good fun if you are looking for a psuedo-mmorpg sort of game. However, if you enjoyed BG then you will love Neverwinter Nights 1.

Actually, I don't agree. I found the campaign in Neverwinter Nights 2 to be of a much higher quality than NWN1. NWN1 was much better for the fan-created modules (of which there are plenty), while the engine in NWN2 left a lot to be desired.

The expansion for NWN2 (Mask of the Betrayer) blows all of them out the water anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasyx View Post
    Let's be clear about this; Neverwinter Nights 1 is good.

Neverwinter Nights 2, I'm sure we'll all agree, is a complete piece of crap absolutely nothing like the first one that should not be available to the public.

GuildWars is also good fun if you are looking for a psuedo-mmorpg sort of game. However, if you enjoyed BG then you will love Neverwinter Nights 1.
    The "new" mapping system just raped that game for me, so lame. And was so hoping nwn2 was going to be good. what a let down.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Grandmaster

Neverwinternights. Guild Wars isn't realyl an RPG at all. Well at least not in the same vein as BG.

Though Buldar's gate II is much better.

Rather go for something like Planescape topment.
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.”

I loved NwN1, I despise NwN2. Not the story, just the gameplay and god I hate the camera.

GW can be classified as a RPG btw. Strong storyline, customizable skills, with plenty of quests.

I like NWN1 and NWN2. But the best for me is still Baldur's gate 1 & 2

NWN2 the original campaign is poor but the expansion is fantastic. NWN 1 was ok but the expansions are also much better.

While with BG both originals and expansions were brilliant.

GW is a mmorpg totally different to the crpg's like bg,nwn,witcher,kotor,etc.
    Last edited by stefan9; 08-12-2007 at 04:49 PM.

If you want to play a good RPG give the Witcher a try, the game is awesome. Buggy as hell, but awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dakeyras View Post
    If you want to play a good RPG give the Witcher a try, the game is awesome. Buggy as hell, but awesome.
    I have to agree with Witcher being excellent on the bugs I believe that really is dependent on system. I have played witcher through twice once on vista 32 bit and the other time on vista x64. On vista 32 bit I had lots of crashes during autosave on vista x64 I had zero crashes. This was on the exact same system only the os being different.

Master

Are these games gory or clean fun? I never tried them.
    Think from your heart. Your mind will understand.

Science today:The big bang was a democratic descision.

Blog Entries

The Witcher = NOT clean fun!
    (it's a gory, scary, horror-fest)

On the RPG note, why no mention of Oblivion? It's not party-based in the way that Bioware adheres to the DnD style, but it remains a great RPG in its own right
    "Cultural Learnings of Oinkers for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nkandla" - The_Librarian

Guild Wars hands down. Neverwinter Nights was fun, but GW owns it in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    The Witcher = NOT clean fun!
    (it's a gory, scary, horror-fest)

On the RPG note, why no mention of Oblivion? It's not party-based in the way that Bioware adheres to the DnD style, but it remains a great RPG in its own right
    Agreed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast