Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Which of these Role-Playing games is the best?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pretoria East, Moreleta Park
    Posts
    205

    Default Which of these Role-Playing games is the best?

    Hi

    Which one of these titles are the best?

    1) Neverwinter Nights?
    2) Guild Wars?

    I've played the BaldursGate series back in the day and loved it, so I want something similar and due to the amount of time these games consume I can only pick one

    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hermansteyn View Post
    I've played the BaldursGate series back in the day and loved it
    simple then

    NeverWinter Nights
    If we were made from dirt, why is there still dirt?

  3. #3

    Default

    Let's be clear about this; Neverwinter Nights 1 is good.

    Neverwinter Nights 2, I'm sure we'll all agree, is a complete piece of crap absolutely nothing like the first one that should not be available to the public.

    GuildWars is also good fun if you are looking for a psuedo-mmorpg sort of game. However, if you enjoyed BG then you will love Neverwinter Nights 1.

  4. #4

    Default

    Actually, I don't agree. I found the campaign in Neverwinter Nights 2 to be of a much higher quality than NWN1. NWN1 was much better for the fan-created modules (of which there are plenty), while the engine in NWN2 left a lot to be desired.

    The expansion for NWN2 (Mask of the Betrayer) blows all of them out the water anyway.

  5. #5
    Grandmaster Scooby_Doo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In a Box, Next to a tree.
    Posts
    4,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasyx View Post
    Let's be clear about this; Neverwinter Nights 1 is good.

    Neverwinter Nights 2, I'm sure we'll all agree, is a complete piece of crap absolutely nothing like the first one that should not be available to the public.

    GuildWars is also good fun if you are looking for a psuedo-mmorpg sort of game. However, if you enjoyed BG then you will love Neverwinter Nights 1.
    The "new" mapping system just raped that game for me, so lame. And was so hoping nwn2 was going to be good. what a let down.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

  6. #6
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Neverwinternights. Guild Wars isn't realyl an RPG at all. Well at least not in the same vein as BG.

    Though Buldar's gate II is much better.

    Rather go for something like Planescape topment.
    .
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.”

  7. #7

    Default

    I loved NwN1, I despise NwN2. Not the story, just the gameplay and god I hate the camera.

    GW can be classified as a RPG btw. Strong storyline, customizable skills, with plenty of quests.

  8. #8

    Default

    I like NWN1 and NWN2. But the best for me is still Baldur's gate 1 & 2

  9. #9

    Default

    NWN2 the original campaign is poor but the expansion is fantastic. NWN 1 was ok but the expansions are also much better.

    While with BG both originals and expansions were brilliant.

    GW is a mmorpg totally different to the crpg's like bg,nwn,witcher,kotor,etc.
    Last edited by stefan9; 08-12-2007 at 04:49 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    If you want to play a good RPG give the Witcher a try, the game is awesome. Buggy as hell, but awesome.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dakeyras View Post
    If you want to play a good RPG give the Witcher a try, the game is awesome. Buggy as hell, but awesome.
    I have to agree with Witcher being excellent on the bugs I believe that really is dependent on system. I have played witcher through twice once on vista 32 bit and the other time on vista x64. On vista 32 bit I had lots of crashes during autosave on vista x64 I had zero crashes. This was on the exact same system only the os being different.

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midrand. Yeah don't mention it. ;)
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Are these games gory or clean fun? I never tried them.
    Think from your heart. Your mind will understand.

    Science today:The big bang was a democratic descision.

  13. #13
    Super Grandmaster flarkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    GP
    Posts
    5,313
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Witcher = NOT clean fun!
    (it's a gory, scary, horror-fest)

    On the RPG note, why no mention of Oblivion? It's not party-based in the way that Bioware adheres to the DnD style, but it remains a great RPG in its own right
    "Cultural Learnings of Oinkers for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nkandla" - The_Librarian

  14. #14

    Default

    Guild Wars hands down. Neverwinter Nights was fun, but GW owns it in every aspect.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    The Witcher = NOT clean fun!
    (it's a gory, scary, horror-fest)

    On the RPG note, why no mention of Oblivion? It's not party-based in the way that Bioware adheres to the DnD style, but it remains a great RPG in its own right
    Agreed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •