Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Telefunken 42" LCD TV set [Full HD]

Grandmaster

Default Telefunken 42" LCD TV set [Full HD]

Look at this awesome deal:

http://www.buy1.co.za/index.php?targ...oduct_id=35565

You can buy the same set at Kloppers in Bloemfontein for R10299.00

And it's a FULL HD Set (1080p), what you guys think?

I went to the Telefunken, couldn't find the exact TV, but i recon it's this one, just with a different face, as this is the only 1080p(42") LCD on there website.

Here -> http://www.telefunken-tv.eu/en/produ...od=42tlf7012#c

I would stick with well known good quality like Samsung or Sony.
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Super Grandmaster
    staring at the internet, sipping coffee loudly

Some HD TVs can be a little blurry, so take a walk around the shop..check em all out.
    Finding Zelda: An odd documentary about an odd man and his quest to find his "Princess".

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I would stick with well known good quality like Samsung or Sony.

indeed, SAMSUNG 1080p plasma screen got my interest. i see the telefunken got very low contrast ratio???

its cheaper for a reason!!!!!!
    http://sasat.forumup.co.za

Super Grandmaster
    staring at the internet, sipping coffee loudly

contrast ratios dont matter if hes going to be using the screen in a room that isn't well lit.

But I'd also go for Samsung..
    Finding Zelda: An odd documentary about an odd man and his quest to find his "Princess".

What is this FullHD nonsense??!?!?

To get the benefit of 1080p properly, I seem to remember seeing that you would need a 50" or bigger screen.

The samsung screens, even 720p ones are absolutely gorgeous, I should know, I had one till it was alternatively shopped earlier this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Blog Entries

Bravia series by Sony, i have one, its awesome
    Avada Kedavra!

Samsung and Sony seem to be the way to go. If you go to Govan Mani, they have many playing the same thing, see which one looks the best
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

So FaNIX, what's it going to be? The Sinotec or the Telefunken?
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

For R12000, I'd buy a 720p Sony or Samsung. Better colour, better contrast and I guarantee a better video processor.

Sony is overrated, they charge a arm and a leg! My mother is a fan of Sony and she stupidly bought a DVD player made by sony, biggest POS I've ever seen. The TV also cost double what others cost and the picture quality def. does not justify the price increase.

I'd actually go into the store and scrutinize the TV's carefully and then decide.

Telefunken's are cheap but, my dad being cheap ass, bought three (CRT) of them so far (not together) and all are still working, they just lack connectors and they have crappy speakers, but if you have your own amp + speakers and it has all the connectors you need I say go for it!

Super Grandmaster

Sharp Aquos for LCD.
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Sony is overrated, they charge a arm and a leg! My mother is a fan of Sony and she stupidly bought a DVD player made by sony, biggest POS I've ever seen. The TV also cost double what others cost and the picture quality def. does not justify the price increase.

I'd actually go into the store and scrutinize the TV's carefully and then decide.

Telefunken's are cheap but, my dad being cheap ass, bought three (CRT) of them so far (not together) and all are still working, they just lack connectors and they have crappy speakers, but if you have your own amp + speakers and it has all the connectors you need I say go for it!
    You're claiming that Telefunken is better than Sony . Your mother bought a DVD player and now their TVs are POS? If you do some real research you'll see consistently that Sony and Samsung provide the best bang for buck in TVs. You can buy a cheap-ass chinese brand (and that means Telefunken), but I guarantee you that the picture scaling will be cr@p, the colour even crapper and the contrast ratio useless. You have obviously never played LCD TVs off against each other. I could understand if you were claiming that the Samsung is better (they're usually a few hundred bucks cheaper), but a Sinotec/Telefunken/Sansui/Wharfedale/Diamond/Tedelex will not compare. Picture Quality |= Resolution

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicBunny View Post
    What is this FullHD nonsense??!?!?

To get the benefit of 1080p properly, I seem to remember seeing that you would need a 50" or bigger screen.

The samsung screens, even 720p ones are absolutely gorgeous, I should know, I had one till it was alternatively shopped earlier this week.
    Yes. It depends on how FAR are you sit from the screen. Most people's living rooms are so large a 46 inch is too small even at 1920 by 1080 pixels, unless
    you sit really close (3.5 vertical heights or less) you won't be able to tell HD from SD DVD (you'll still be able to tell DSTV supercompressed blurry SD though).
    There is a way to beat this though, using binoculars or a telescope attached to your armchair despite a big living room, a 32 inch full HD set will look full HD.
    Last edited by PeterCH; 27-12-2007 at 07:00 PM.
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCH View Post
    Sharp Aquos for LCD.
    Really nice screens, but crummy styling... also no real local representation. Interestingly, Sharp is losing Market share rapidly in Japan which is their main market.

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast