‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

VoodooBean

They must NEVER do this. In fact, if the spokespersons for these riots say this is in aid of Zuma, they should incarcerate him further for not calling this off. Never ever roll over, ever.

Will the looting stop even if Zuma was released and told to call it off ? imho I do not think so, too many people now have that taste for " free stuff "

S7wede

Expert Member
Community in Scottburgh came together and barricaded the 2 bridges that lead into the main town and stopped the majority of looters. Spent a total of 7 hours last night making sure the local mall and Shoprite Checkers were safe and now home to have some coffee. They are some persistent buggers I can tell you that!

Gyre

Expert Member
Community in Scottburgh came together and barricaded the 2 bridges that lead into the main town and stopped the majority of looters. Spent a total of 7 hours last night making sure the local mall and Shoprite Checkers were safe and now home to have some coffee. They are some persistent buggers I can tell you that!

Hope that they give you guys some nice specials after this :p

SZN

Expert Member
The optics are not good. Anyone with a brain understands the demographics. But there are those who will as usual twist the facts. There are loads of videos online of a dozen or so whites or Indians beating a (black) looter. It is just a matter of hours or days before these videos go viral as they are used by those who enjoy seeing the country burn to further fuel the flames. If you don't defend yourself you die. If you do defend yourself you are racist. Welcome to SA.

The idiots are the ones putting this stuff on social media.

It does not and should not be documented, let alone shared.

R13...

Honorary Master
Will the looting stop even if Zuma was released and told to call it off ? imho I do not think so, too many people now have that taste for " free stuff "
Yeah all about the loot now. This thing was hijacked over the weekend by the KZN construction mafia and the freight industry anarchists. The looters got emboldened when they realised that they are not being stopped, at least not effectively and people just joined to loot. Government should never have allowed it to take root.

shebeen

If the WC Independence happens, I would expect that KZN independence crap to also happen. Please rescue from KZN :(
ja, WC independance page has obviously seen a surge from told you so pipedreamers, lined with the usual when we racist rhetoric.

1626160661176.png

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Looking at the media this AM, I doubt the media will try to spin these terrorist actions into a racial narrative. The media is very critical of how Ramaphosa is handling the situation. Make no mistake, even though there were a LOT of people rioting, looting and destroying, they still seem to be a very small minority of people in SA!

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The planning of this is too orchestrated- it is definitely being done by someone with power with the looters being used as fodder in the bigger scheme of things.Authorities likely know who they are but sadly we have entered a state where the biggest criminals can dictate to the state.

Ramaphosa has not been totally decisive but he is at least not letting them win. Notice how he avoided mention of Zuma's name.

Either way, I'm starting to think we may as well just release him to avoid collateral damage. The organizers may throw in less resources if that happens.

We don't have the resources or ability to handle the aftermath of what may happen if we bring them to book (with or without their consent and through force), the USA may have gone for an approach like that but they have the experience and skills of handling something like that.

Nope. The solution is not to back-down to the Zuma faction.

I hate the ANC and feel Ramaphosa is just as guilty and as useless as the rest of his party, but he needs to find those balls of his, stay the course and deal with the Zuma menace. It won't go away if he waves the white flag. Quite the opposite, it will embolden them for round 2.

konfab

Honorary Master
First two minutes in, blaming education, people being desperated. Kak man. Did you (The dude in the video) not see all the fancy cars parked PARTAKING in the looting ? It's got fcall to do with that.
Roman is 100% correct with that. People with stable jobs don't go and loot shops. The lockdowns so much loved by our local progressives have tipped SA over the edge. We have a 50% unemployment rate amongst young men. What do you think they are going to do when they have nothing else to do? Do something productive? They cannot because of the stupid progressive policies in this country make it illegal for them to work.