‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

Senor

Just received a video, possibly kzn South Coast, of a black Saps member caught loading looted stuff into his car. Community members, Indiana and Whites made him offload it and filmed his vehicle registration details. And we wonder why saps have been so ineffective

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I think this may be taken completely out of context as well. Maybe, maybe not.

What if you have the money to go buy something but all the stores are being looted. You pick up what is outside on the floor as the option to pay for it is not there anymore? Later you can go back and pay for it.

The other option is the next day there is nothing to buy as everything has been looted and you can't see to the needs of your sister?

This is such a challenging situation and people panicking. Most who were there only had one thing in mind though, to loot, destroy and grab whatever their eyes desire.

We are in a massive crisis that is going to leave even the rich in tears.
Yeah this is the face of a desperate person who needs to see to his sister, who intends on paying for it the next day.

20210713_204723.jpg

Sorry, not buying it (no pun intended)...

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yeah this is the face of a desperate person who needs to see to his sister, who intends on paying for it the next day.

View attachment 1107076

Sorry, not buying it (no pun intended)...
You are probably right.

But I wonder what we are soon going to do. We have the money to buy goods but the stores are being ransacked. What if we can pickup what we need at least from the pavement and try pay for it later?

Hopefully this doesn't become Zombieland.

yebocan

Honorary Master
Zuma has always thrived on ethnic divisive politics, this is a small but very necessary step in the right direction. The big challenge is removing tribalism out of it and he be left with his own supporters, they are fair game pn their own.
think Zuma and ilk has played their last card...trying to setup a situation where a political solution would be forced to get him out of all his legal issues....and in the same breath reinvigorate the RET squad... Although state security was slow, seems they were well aware of what he and his ilk were planning....let this now be the last in the Zuma chapter...ZA has things to do,...can't be worried about a hasbeen, his ilk and family longing for the glory of those 9 wasted years.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Just received a video, possibly kzn South Coast, of a black Saps member caught loading looted stuff into his car. Community members, Indiana and Whites made him offload it and filmed his vehicle registration details. And we wonder why saps have been so ineffective
Not sure how far south it was... There is a second video from the same location of another police officer caught with looted goods and apparently its a Metro police officer.

B-1

Expert Member

Its on 9gag and reddit as well

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
You are probably right.

But I wonder what we are soon going to do. We have the money to buy goods but the stores are being ransacked. What if we can pickup what we need at least from the pavement and try pay for it later?

Seeing tweets about price gouging...

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
You are probably right.

Can't give a damn about what they're thing to do. Me personally, I'll go stock up on a few things tomorrow in case they decide to hit our malls.

But if that wasn't an option, I'd try and ration out what we have until it settles down. They wouldn't have hit every single shop, would just be a matter of driving around until you find something, like the early lockdown days looking for booze and cigarettes.

There's no excuse to join in this behaviour. There's no guarantee of those shops being open tomorrow, next week, next month or ever...

RedViking

Nord of the South
Can't give a damn about what they're thing to do. Me personally, I'll go stock up on a few things tomorrow on case they decide to hit our malls.

But if that wasn't an option, I'd try and ration out what we have until it settles down. They wouldn't have hit every single shop, would just be a matter of driving around until you find something, like the early lockdown days looking for booze and cigarettes.

There's no excuse to join in this behaviour. There's no guarantee of those shops being open tomorrow, next week, next month or ever...
Yeah I think people are panicking like in lockdown. I can also imagine when we do get to a shop people are going to stockup more than what they need.

Tough times ahead on top of lockdown.