‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Stop talking bull. I know you are angry. You are projecting it to the wrong person. You are wrong.
I'm not angry, I just don't suffer fools that attempt to justify blatant criminality. There is no context to be added to the event other than that.. Carry on.

Afon Kulikov

Forging
This is not the hospital. What we see burning here is the Samsung repair centre

Apparently fake news
The hospital is right there, so probably people mistaking the smoke, flames and darkness for coming from there.
These savages looted the blood bank, so wouldn't put it past them to set the hospital on fire

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
We've re-routed a lot of net traffic to other providers where possible. They have knocked out 11 of the 12 10Gbit trunks - i cant seem to ping a single station, switch, naaaathang.

Then again, it is kinda the same in GP, but not as bad. It's going to be a long night for me monitoring a bunch of systems

If all goes well, we should have some assistance from DFA for backhaul

As you say, long night ahead.

Wishing you all the best.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Do you know the whole story? They clearly had a street blockade going. Car gets hit. Maybe the car tried to jump their blockade to enter their neighbourhood? Likely scenario? Who knows. Don't just jump to conclusions until you know all the facts which we don't.
That Isuzu bakkie behind them? Opposite side, the LH road coming down, stuff on the side. Something went down there.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This is not the hospital. What we see burning here is the Samsung repair centre

Apparently fake news

The camera man pans to Lenmed,

Capture.PNG

yeah, what is burning is Mustek, and though I am unsure, but I believe there is an LG and Samsung centre... Don't know, I only know my places in Cape Town.

nivek

Executive Member
That’s an interesting perspective. I wonder if it has any truth.

Agreed. If that happens it’s downhill from here on a much steeper slope.

No.

Not sure how the unrest would force such a thing. DD would be next for president if CR vacated.

So it’s definitely organized and not random attacks… interesting.
Purely coincidental that DD is in Putinville

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Burning down stuff because they are hungry. I notice the 'they are hungry' crowd has disappeared.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Ask Cele,

Cele said there were people who did not even know Zuma, but had joined in on the unrest.

"They were asked in one hostel in KZN, why are you doing this. They said they are hungry and they do not have jobs," he said.

"There is this genuine anger, and people who say they would love to see JZ come out of incarceration, but there are [also] many people who do not even know what the situation is about, they have just gotten on the bandwagon and caused this destruction," Cele added.

I know that the state won't be honest about the circumstances, and yes, we know there are opportunists, but opportunists aside, stealing is one thing, destruction is a whole other. In my view, clear attempts are being made to sabotage the economy, and the targets are well picked.

Nobody chews on silicon.