‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Jip, I'm going in for the 3am shift. Probably when we would get the most trouble coming into suburbs in the early mornings

If you manage to find out where the protestors are from and someone knows the leaders from there, you can try and negotiate a peace settlement. That was done in our community today but of course, not all will be willing to negotiate.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Afon Kulikov

Forging
If you manage to find out where the protestors are from and someone knows the leaders from there, you can try and negotiate a peace settlement. That was done in our community today but of course, not all will be willing to negotiate.
Yeah, I don't think that would work. These thugs are usually in cars around the neighbourhoods, usually luxury cars full of loot and stopping them even with a blocked road can be troublesome.
Why we have people patrolling in private cars and us on the Marshall CB radio channel to call for more reinfor entertainment

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
He's not wrong. This culture of violence has it's roots in choices made decades ago.
Such large social experiments always, always end in tears. Because people are not lab rats.
I just wish the bunch of old Soviet trained operatives can effing get it in their heads that the Cold War that used them is freaking over.
There are people who want to live in this country like normal human beings. Many millions.
And are perfectly capable of it. If. Only. The. Comrades. Would. Damn. Well. Stop. With. Their. Nonsense!

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Yeah Durban is ****ed.
Yup.
E6-NGYXk-WQAQy-Mvw.jpg

Sollie

Honorary Master
These people upgraded from burning down clinics and schools. Next they will be coming for your house. We must be under no illusion what we are dealing with here.
Things are changing. I suspect the next few days will have some surprises - not so much for some. But it will be good news for the good folks. We're already seeing signs. People are gatvol.

Sollie

Honorary Master
...more a case of Zulu Royal House vs House of Zuma ... very Game of Thrones, but seems like House of Zuma wants to accelerate the slow pace of the long game ... they suck at the long game....their time and moving space is running out...
I think you're onto something. I think the house of Zuma plus Company overplayed their hand. I also believe the younger Zulu generation were led. Add some pure opportunism reflecting badly. The Zulu Royal house is gatvol. I'm just not sure it's purely the Zumas. HKGK for some.

rh1

Expert Member
Slaps @saor with a wet Hout Bay snoek :ROFL:
You wasting good snoek,
This has been such a learning experience.
The need to have things like cash on hand and a minimum of a weeks supply of water, food, pet food and medication and possibly fuel were things I thought only paranoid people considered, I now think very differently.

Would be interesting to know how many have prepared for a scenario like this.
Although I am in Cape Town, was at work, ask my wife to stock up on water, she could not be bothered, was a bit irritated.

Will stock up on the following:
->Lpg gas- alternative for heating and cooking, incase electricity goes down
->Water, fill up all water container, should give me drinking supply for a month
->Tin food and dry goods (flour,maize)
->Will buy a camping/cast iron bread pan
->Wood, need to arrange wood
->I generally buy most of months food at the beginning of the month, so okay for now.
->General emergency medical supplies. Need to replenish my current first aid kit.

R13...

Honorary Master
He's not wrong. This culture of violence has it's roots in choices made decades ago.
Such large social experiments always, always end in tears. Because people are not lab rats.
I just wish the bunch of old Soviet trained operatives can effing get it in their heads that the Cold War that used them is freaking over.
There are people who want to live in this country like normal human beings. Many millions.
And are perfectly capable of it. If. Only. The. Comrades. Would. Damn. Well. Stop. With. Their. Nonsense!
A culture of violence he himself helped forment with help from the previous government.