‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

Carol35

Expert Member
Don't spread lies. The "GofG warehouse" which was looted was not used by them anymore since their contact who made it available to them passed away in January. This was confirmed by them.

That said, the situation is beyond belief. There will be nothing left soon.
My apologies then as I saw on their FB page - didn't really specify it wasn't being used currently by them - just showed an image of the warehouse looted.

CommonSense

My apologies then as I saw on their FB page - didn't really specify it wasn't being used currently by them - just showed an image of the warehouse looted.

Here is an article about it:

(Please don't shoot me for Timeslive - it is used in good faith)

JohnStarr

Executive Member
The manpower excuse isnt working for me. You dont have manpower so you just do nothing? We see traffic jams of looters moving into areas you can put up a roadblock there and seize cars that are used in crimes. That will decrease mobility and have consequence for the owners. This is not just incompetence.
Have you seen how fat and lazy those cops are? They couldn't chase down a wounded donut if given the chance. No ways they'll stop the looting masses or want to do anything about it. Some, maybe. They're in the minority of cops trying to do something.

noxibox

Honorary Master
A show of force at the start would have most likely make those who planned unrest take note and reconsider.
That is your assumption. Although it is actually quite unlikely. If it is planned and orchestrated, then a show of force would still be necessary, but would definitely not make them reconsider. A show of force would only be effective if this is disorganised and mostly opportunistic.

Carol35

Expert Member

Well its partly true, they still affected not by the warehouse but people & meds not being able to get to where its needed.

Dark times ahead.
Thanks Alpha, hadn't seen this video yet - and @CommonSense has put me in my place :giggle:

But yes, fact remains the innocents will not get the help they need for now. Dark times indeed.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Right now the best decision would be to divert the SANDF troops from heading to Mozambique to KZN. Declare a SOE in these provinces, fully lock down. Arrest/shoot anyone who’s not where they are meant to be. This event is organised, no doubt, and the lack of decisive action makes me wonder.

There are so many theories one can throw at this.

I think a bing factor though is how extensive state capture was and how vast Zuma's patronage network is. Zuma plants and sycophants must still be embedded in every arm of the state security apparatus. Don't forget what Zuma's background is. The NPA, SSA, SANDF, SAPS, anything involved with intelligence, law enforcement and security is almost certainly compromised by Zuma.

The optimists are saying that this is a last ditch powerplay by the Zuma faction because they realise Ramaphosa is in the ascendancy and he was/is going to start purging them. The icing of Ace and arrest of Zuma were indicative that they are not untouchable and now they're jumpy. Ramaphosa's calmness is that he knows what is going on and is aware that they are playing their last hand. He just needs to politically ride it out - so no chance of Marikana 2.0 happening - and then they will be fair game. The flood needed to wash away the filth, in a way.

Now I don't know if I buy in to that optimism, although I do agree it is the ANC factional battle playing out and as always, South Africa loses horribly when these bastards play their power games.

CommonSense

Politics is just a dirty game, there are people who demand strong leadership in another way by releasing Zuma. Common sense is outnumbered in this country.

Releasing Zuma for contempt of court also breaks South Africa. He is not in jail for his real offenses, just for being in contempt.

I wonder if those who says he was unjustly incarcerated even know what the meaning of the word is actually and why it carries such as strong action as jail.

Mila

Honorary Master

B-1

Expert Member

This is being shared everywhere without indication of the source. Anyone know where its from? Doesn't look like its changed since I first saw it yesterday.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
My dad went to work today. His factory is in Benrose, right opposite the George Goch hostel, one of the sources for the N2 and CBD riots.

Very quiet, streets were even being cleaned up.

Too early to tell if it is because things are slowing down or just because it was damn cold last night/this morning.

Priapus

Executive Member
My dad went to work today. His factory is in Benrose, right opposite the George Goch hostel, one of the sources for the N2 and CBD riots.

Very quiet, streets were even being cleaned up.

Too early to tell if it is because things are slowing down or just because it was damn cold last night/this morning.
Hopefully a sign of the calm returning