‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

RedViking

Nord of the South
I'm one of the few who expect more trouble to come.

So what if nothing happens?

But if something do happen, I'm a little bit prepared.
I am 95% confident this going to continue.....

I don't mind being wrong though, I really hope I am.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Well, now we're prepared. Let them come. We know now the police will be nowhere.
People keep forgetting - looting a shop has nothing to do with burning a shop. Burning a shop has nothing to do with attacking a cell tower. Attacking a cell tower has nothing to do with ammo theft. All separate things. In pallarel.

And if some in CPF thing they're prepared to take on someone who organized attack in infrastructure (ie chemical plant and water), we must think twice.

Dups!

Expert Member
That is quite a lot of military vehicles on top of what was already sent through. Could they know something about this coming week or weeks?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
People keep forgetting - looting a shop has nothing to do with burning a shop. Burning a shop has nothing to do with attacking a cell tower. Attacking a cell tower has nothing to do with ammo theft. All separate things. In pallarel.

And if some in CPF thing they're prepared to take on someone who organized attack in infrastructure (ie chemical plant and water), we must think twice.

How so?

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
That is quite a lot of military vehicles on top of what was already sent through. Could they know something about this coming week or weeks?
Hope they did not leave Gauteng high and dry without any military support...

edit : as per @Mila ... the next few weeks I'll be very paranoid.

genetic

Honorary Master
Hope they did not leave Gauteng high and dry without any military support...

The deployment is between two provinces;

The army deployment is part of a huge plan that will result in as many as 25,000 members by the SA National Defence Force hitting the street as part of “Operation Prosper” in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng. The operation will include the search for stolen property.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Are you going to address the issue of relying on the cellular networks only? (for example when loadshedding and the power is down and the tower dies, as happens EDIT: or Zumaiods target the towers)
No. Here is what you don't get:

There are so many issues. They all have solutions, some very good, some excellent, but they're not free. Many also have legislation and laws attached (read: govt inefficient red tape).

Solar panels, batteries, inverters, UPSes, infrared cameras, armed response etc etc etc. We've seen all these lovely solutions in the farm murder threads, here we go again.

You could literally bankrupt yourself getting best solutions, buying and buying. Yet ultimately, you need a common solution for people to communicate.

In this case, are we going to say to 99% of the current volunteers: "We're going to radios. You can't help because you had no money for a walkie talkie, no generator/solar panel to charge it, no petrol to run you generator to do so because you did not put up a fuel tank before hand"?

Just one small change can sabotage all your plans anyway, say say somebody with a radio jammer. Are we now going to get an anti-jammer device? Of course not. So we rather make the best of what we have. If they burn down the towers, are you going to slam the people for, say: coloured signal fires because of environmental pollution?

Please - let's keep it real.

Maybe you're talking from your point of privilege ...

Stuey74

What is the toll for a tank?
I remember when we travelled from Simonstown to Pretoria we had pieces of paper that we handed to the toll operator, don't remember the proper name, toll voucher or something no doubt. But we travelled in standard bus/lorry/kombi vehicles so was probably billed to the military at standard rates. Guessing a tank would be the highest charge possible from SANRAL.

genetic

Honorary Master
I remember when we travelled from Simonstown to Pretoria we had pieces of paper that we handed to the toll operator, don't remember the proper name, toll voucher or something no doubt. But we travelled in standard bus/lorry/kombi vehicles so was probably billed to the military at standard rates. Guessing a tank would be the highest charge possible from SANRAL.

It's the 21'st century. All government vehicles use e-tags and e-fuel.