‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Listen at 4m8s..

"We've deleted the post about looting in Hammesdale. Accordingt to information just received, following the looting in Hammarsdale, it has been confirmed as fake news by the Police and Security companies. The looting happended last week, no looting reported today. Thanks for the member who updated us!"

Dups!

Expert Member
"We've deleted the post about looting in Hammesdale. Accordingt to information just received, following the looting in Hammarsdale, it has been confirmed as fake news by the Police and Security companies. The looting happended last week, no looting reported today. Thanks for the member who updated us!"
The rush to be the first with a "breaking news" story, post first and verify later.

News media :mad:

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Milano

Honorary Master

Times Live is carrying the story as well.

The story is that it happened last week and looters returned today. Quite odd if the area head of eThekweni Fire Dept is making up fake news..?

Edit: starting earlier this week I should say, been burning all week and looters returning often, including today

Last edited:

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Maybe they just thinking looting means crowds in excess of 300 and anything less is protests.....

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I saw a post on FB that police had recovered 82 FNB Bank cards with pin codes ( obviously new cards waiting for collection at a FNB) …not sure how easy it would be to activate these stolen new cards and use them?
Don't they prompt clients to create PIN when they collect their cards?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The solution to this so-called insurrection is to speed up transformation. Quite a turn of the events. I called it in the very beginning.

semaphore

Honorary Master
The solution to this so-called insurrection is to speed up transformation. Quite a turn of the events. I called it in the very beginning.
They've been saying speed up transformation for over 20 years, to think they would not continue with the same line of rhetoric is naive at best.