‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

Solarion

Honorary Master
Clover were nowhere to be seen in supporting the families in Durban that have nothing left. Other smaller dairies like Far End Dairy, Farmgate have been giving out free milk to almost every home since last week. Parmalat from the Eastern Cape also sent out support to NGO's sending aide to KZN.

Clover have got their hands full right now much so that they have closed up the factory to all contractors including essential workers. Word is they have a covid outbreak at their Queensburgh Site. With that in mind it propably wouldn't be good PR to be involved in community related events right now.

Disclaimer: This is unconfirmed and should not be taken as fact. It is just information that has passed across the water cooler.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
100%

I was going through his Tweets when he linked to this,

Here I thought the looters had permission to take the meat, though they were hostile towards the authorities...
Oivey that's a big thing to be putting out there. The ethekwini health dept better have its ducks in a row on that one. Sequence won't like the insinuation and they're not a small company.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
It appears that ENCA carried out a false report stating "500 people were killed in Phoenix". Now the EFF-aligned bots are at it again clinging onto that figure and trying to ignite racial tensions.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It appears that ENCA carried out a false report stating "500 people were killed in Phoenix". Now the EFF-aligned bots are at it again clinging onto that figure and trying to ignite racial tensions.
It is not their fault,

And neither is it implied. The mortuaries can store a maximum of 500 bodies which is currently at full capacity. 300 of which is unidentified where the police is investigating 38 cases of murder flowing from the anarchy.

Poor comprehension, or rather the spread of misinformation which is also a act of instigation.

Milano

Honorary Master
It is not their fault,

And neither is it implied. The mortuaries can store a maximum of 500 bodies which is currently at full capacity. 300 of which is unidentified where the police is investigating 38 cases of murder flowing from the anarchy.

Poor comprehension, or rather the spread of misinformation which is also a act of instigation.
This is just another symptom of the toxic state that has developed under the ANC. The official channels of communication that have grown worse over the decades have become as dysfunctional and absent as the SAPS. Instead of having an official municipal department communicating official details, there is this unofficial person communicating with a nationwide audience via multiple TV channels.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
210720dm-corrected-1000x698.jpg

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I doubt it, there will just be more riots and protests.
ANC split will compel parties to compete fiercely for the vote. Of course other provinces will resort to barbarism but if there's anything the recent looting and riots showed us, it's that not everyone is prepared to sacrifice the country for short term gratification.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Not sure about verified but N3TC show no report of closures of the N3. Arrive Alive not reporting any incidents of road blockages either.
Edit: even reliable National Security Protests forum group is caught napping and posts unverified info, later found fake.
I have now deleted my post - would not have reposted if it was not from trusted sources. Apologies..

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I was thinking they should have the ability to fill the store with pepper or sleeping gas.
There's some pretty nifty security devices gaining popularity that deploy either thick smoke which lowers visibility or pepper-gas to demotivate intrusion after entry

ronald911

Expert Member
Clover have got their hands full right now much so that they have closed up the factory to all contractors including essential workers. Word is they have a covid outbreak at their Queensburgh Site. With that in mind it propably wouldn't be good PR to be involved in community related events right now.

Disclaimer: This is unconfirmed and should not be taken as fact. It is just information that has passed across the water cooler.
A Clover DC got looted as well in Durban afaik, so I think they are trying to fight fires.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This is the person which was granted bail,

UFS SRC member arrested for allegedly inciting people to loot malls in Bloemfontein​

A 23-year-old student from the University of the Free State has been arrested for allegedly inciting public violence, the National Prosecuting Authority said.

NPA spokesperson Phaladi Shuping said Orefile Oreratile Sefika was arrested on Tuesday.
“He allegedly incited people, on WhatsApp, to loot either Mimosa or Waterfront Mall.”

Shuping said Sefika appeared in the Bloemfontein magistrate’s court on Wednesday and was charged with incitement to commit public violence.

UFS spokesperson Lacea Loader said Sefika is a member of the student representative council.

The case was postponed to Aug. 13 for further investigation.

He was granted bail of R1,000.