‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

air

Expert Member
Yeah man. The talking heads are saying this and that, even while they still live in Jacob Zuma land. They need to revisit, and where possible undo, what that guy did during this 20 year saga. Most of it designed to weaken the country's capacity to counter crime and corruption. All to keep himself out of court and jail.
Let us not forget most of these so called clean ANC members voted for this, the likes of Derek Hanekom and Trevor Manuel, all skebengas, the lot of them, coming with their holier than thou attitude, fcukem.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Apparently Zuma has already returned to his cell according to the SABC, but from the article I viewed this video,

so these 'supporters' wants the racists from Phoenix arrested and also the licenses revoked of the security companies involved. I may be too early to call this, but there will be people who have protected the properties and interests of their communities which will pay a higher price than these alleged instigators. Killers I don't defend, but I do defend innocents.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
so these 'supporters' wants the racists from Phoenix arrested and also the licenses revoked of the security companies involved. I may be too early to call this, but there will be people who have protected the properties and interests of their communities which will pay a higher price than these alleged instigators. Killers I don't defend, but I do defend innocents.
That will cause big ripples in the country.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Apparently Zuma has already returned to his cell according to the SABC, but from the article I viewed this video,

The supporters will struggle as you can bet your bottom dollar any revocation of licenses will be challenged in court by decent lawyers pro Bono and the police/government will lose unless they good evidence of breaches in regulations or licensing conditions. A supporters request is not really good enough.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
The supporters will struggle as you can bet your bottom dollar any revocation of licenses will be challenged in court by decent lawyers pro Bono and the police/government will lose unless they good evidence of breaches in regulations or licensing conditions. A supporters request is not really good enough.
Given the circumstances, the Zuma camp will only lose. Life and property was in danger.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
I put on my robe and wizard's hat?
Wizard's First Rule : "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

Sollie

Honorary Master

It worked in Clifton, why not again? Also guess who set the scenario in Clifton?

Ultimately the innocent pay, those that do nothing are beyond reproach.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It worked in Clifton, why not again? Also guess who set the scenario in Clifton?

Ultimately the innocent pay, those that do nothing are beyond reproach.

The unsanctioned, but approved, ANC gathering against Phoenix is taking place tomorrow, I believe. Yeah it is,

E60WuCaWYAQ27Mc

and, yes, the poster is real and the ANC KZN already responded to it, hence it is unsanctioned by the party, but the eThekwini Municipality sanctioned it.

I wonder what the message will be tomorrow because they were sure very opinionated on Phoenix today at the Motor Cade? gathering.

Note, the motorcade did take place today, it was attended by the ANC Women League, they spoke to the media, and almost everyone was dressed in ANC regalia. So...

ANC in KZN ask police to investigate motorcade and 'Black Friday' protest​

The ANC in KwaZulu-Natal has approached the police to investigate how its logo came to be on posters announcing a motorcade and march, in support of the release of former president Jacob Zuma and protests against “racist attacks” in Phoenix.

ANC provincial spokesperson Nhlakanipho Ntombela told TimesLIVE on Thursday that the party had “no idea” who was behind the posters.

“We have alerted the police. We have no link to those posters.”

The first poster, which was widely circulated this week, stated that on Thursday all ANC branches would be driving to the party's provincial office in support of the release of Zuma from prison. The poster, which featured the ANC logo and colours, said it would be the “mother of all motorcades”.

The motorcade is scheduled for Thursday morning.

Metro police said roads had not been closed.

The second poster, titled “Black Friday”, said protest action was planned for Friday against the “Phoenix massacre and racist attacks on our people”.

The meeting point for the protest is the Durban City Hall.

“We don’t know anything about that activity, who organised it, for what purpose and what is the objective of coming to the office. Our structures are aware that there is no such programme sanctioned by the movement,” said Ntombela.

:rolleyes: The mind boggles. I wonder whether tomorrow's gathering will still take place at the city hall?

Either the ANC has no control over its own structures or they are trying to appease their respective voter bases. Either way, it is not being honest.

Paulsie

Expert Member

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member

Sollie

Honorary Master
The unsanctioned, but approved, ANC gathering against Phoenix is taking place tomorrow, I believe. Yeah it is,

E60WuCaWYAQ27Mc

and, yes, the poster is real and the ANC KZN already responded to it, hence it is unsanctioned by the party, but the eThekwini Municipality sanctioned it.

I wonder what the message will be tomorrow because they were sure very opinionated on Phoenix today at the Motor Cade? gathering.

Note, the motorcade did take place today, it was attended by the ANC Women League, they spoke to the media, and almost everyone was dressed in ANC regalia. So...

:rolleyes: The mind boggles. I wonder whether tomorrow's gathering will still take place at the city hall?

Either the ANC has no control over its own structures or they are trying to appease their respective voter bases. Either way, it is not being honest.
So either they know or they don't know.

Either way is not merely mud on their face, it's a whole friggin mudslide.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Insert shocked face..

Amnesty International has long taken it upon themselves to poke until some truths or the whole truth is revealed, so this is arrogance,

"I think Amnesty International is going beyond their own scope of work," Ntshavheni said.

She said government was reporting the number of deaths, murder cases and inquest probes.

"So a full investigation is going to be held to ensure that those who are accountable are held liable," she said.

"It's not in the best interest of this country to disclose the intelligence information that was at the disposal of the state.

"And Amnesty International must be satisfied by the fact that everybody who has died, or every damage that has been caused in this country will be fully accounted for and those who have murdered people will be apprehended and brought before the law so that they can face the consequences of their actions, whether by planning the unrest, or by killing people during the unrest."

I also believe that the NPA's scope is too limited, I mean they have categorised the rioters into three groups,

1) Looters,
2) Organised looters, and
3) Instigators

Organised looters, call them organised criminals, because their activities are related to organised crime. Looters are such a vague term, and the perpetrators are quite the variety.

Since they did add murder, I guess there is another group they are looking in to, but not named.

Gozado

What's so special about Zuma that they'll die for him? Is it because of tribalism?

I would've kicked him out long ago (if such a thing was possible)...
I've heard these explanations of why Zuma "must" be upheld, or why people believe the "must" vote ANC.
  • Some believe that if the ANC doesn't stay in power, then this will automatically result in all the laws of apartheid being re-instated. People who believe that see the ANC as the strong wall just managing to hold back a huge threat of losing everything.
  • An alternative version of this belief is that if Zuma is challenged and falls, then a set of laws the same as apartheid, but specifically against Zulus, will be set up. People who believe this see Zuma as a father-protector.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master