‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

R13...

Honorary Master
Something good. Criminals seem to have hijacked the Phoenix protection thing and the lady apparently had her phone taken and car burnt.
Taresh Harreeparshad (@taresh_h) Tweeted:
#ZaneleMthembu shares some joy after her ordeal. She recieved the keys to a car from ABC Ministries in Phoenix after her car was torched during the #DurbanUnrest. Tune in to @Newsbreak_Lotus at 1pm to hear her story #sabcnews https://t.co/c9MCvj12z0

TheChamp

Honorary Master

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
Fitness issues or lack of it aside, that looks totally unnecessary.
What you don't realise is that the tailgate has a fold in it that makes a step. So, first step is on the bull bar thingy, second step is on the fold/step, third step is on the truck bed. The ability of the tailgate to swing freely makes a bit of upper body strength necessary to go from step one to two. This is a military vehicle, what do you want? a rolling stairwell like the use for airliners. The taxpayer is stingy so these vehicles are utilitarian, anyone too useless to board it is too useless to be a soldier. Period.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
Yes I do get the fitness concern and if that's part of their ongoing fitness regime it's fine, I just don't believe in doing something the difficult way just because I can, especially if there's an easier way, unless I really have to, but I am not a soldier so my mentality could be different.

View attachment 1116094
The point is that in combat there is no easy way. We cannot have twice the number of vehicles necessary, as in one type for peacefull stuff and another type for when we are being shot at. What you see above is absolutely useless in a hurry (only one can board at a time). The tailgate step is a far better design and is perfectly easy to use as long as you are not a disgusting fatbody.

R13...

Honorary Master

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
David Attenborough's ants in a glass glass jar being shaken is a great analogy of what ANC and EFF and SA media houses have been doing to SA for a long time now. Everything is turned into race and racism aka shaking the jar.

Top ANC delegation arrives in Phoenix and what's the one thing they want to talk about with burned out shell buildings still in the background? Racism. Mainstream Media on the looting and destruction: racism everywhere. They treat the citizens of SA with contempt and shameless disrespect with their gas lighting and red herring tactics.
Interesting thing. The analogy, while lovely, is apocryphal. Firstly there are no known studies that suggest that it is true and secondly attenborough apparently never said it.
Source : Snopes.com

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The Phoenix criminals aren't innocent no more than these Zuma goons. Yes they kindled off the riots and looting but some people in Phoenix did seem to have shot indiscriminately as long as the person was black. Relations between black and Indian have always been a bit tight in the KZN area - and it's not all imagined.
Regardless of all of that... People like this Jackie twat should be in jail immediately after that little speech... It shouldn't even be a question.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
Will see what I dig up with regards to governments pitting their citizens against each other. There are some examples during the nazi and societ eras but those were more for gathering intelligence and controlling people in a sense of nanny apron clinging to the state for benefits.
The whole bell pottinger wmc thing is undoubtedly an example

genetic

Honorary Master