‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

surface

Honorary Master
Is there a difference between Vivian Reddy and Visvin Reddy?
Sho. I thought I knew my Reddy's but alas. It seems these two are different. Now I have to explain my ignorance to Hindu Mahasabha. Eish.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Sho. I thought I knew my Reddy's but alas. It seems these two are different. Now I have to explain my ignorance to Hindu Mahasabha. Eish.

Don't do the same with the Guptas and Ruperts.

surface

Honorary Master
Don't do the same with the Guptas and Ruperts.
Neva eva. One is a gang of brothers who benefitted from current government and the other honest businessman who stood against apartheid government and fought tooth & nail for Freedom.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Is there a difference between Vivian Reddy and Visvin Reddy?
With the useless ANC led intelligence, police and army, we have to, all of us, roll up our sleeves and do their work for them, despite paying them billions to do it. Why don't you investigate, and report back to the forum?
What exactly are you doing to contribute to this DIY policing effort aimed at protecting citizens?
What's your excuse?

flytek

He's still trying to figure out, with as many brain cells as he has, how the fak he managed to support the cANCer in the past.

Milano

Honorary Master
When tasked with producing the appearance of a major investigation does one add additional dithering or less dithering in order to make it seem realistic? These cannot be easy production decisions at this point.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Now there is a fake VN from supposedly Mogoegn Mogoeng doing the rounds.

In this self constantly contradictory prophesy of woe:
Between now and sometime November Julias is going to be arrested leading to excitement and pillaging etc
When Zuma gets released someone is going to get hurt when he hints at releasing secrets of Rhamamparra.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Now there is a fake VN from supposedly Mogoegn Mogoeng doing the rounds.

In this self constantly contradictory prophesy of woe:
Between now and sometime November Julias is going to be arrested leading to excitement and pillaging etc
When Zuma gets released someone is going to get hurt when he hints at releasing secrets of Rhamamparra.
So many wrongs.. Juju is untouchable as we have seen. And Zuma has squat on anybody... (he is in jail, and still no beans)

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So many wrongs.. Juju is untouchable as we have seen. And Zuma has squat on anybody... (he is in jail, and still no beans)
There was a time when Zuma thought he was untouchable, I think there is a very good reason why Juju is scrambling so much these days, the reality that he is not as untouchable as he thought is hitting him hard.

RedViking

Nord of the South

Government continues to sugar-coat the truth as RBM prepares to shut down its second furnace​

Ongoing investigations by the Democratic Alliance (DA) in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) have revealed that, despite assurances to the contrary by Premier Sihle Zikalala, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is preparing to start shutting down the second of its four furnaces.

The finding comes as the province continues to reel from recent unrest and its economy teeters closer to the edge with no resolution in sight for KZN’s largest taxpayer – namely RBM.

Despite its assurances that RBM operations will resume, the provincial government is yet to meet all of the conditions that will trigger the mine’s reopening. These include major security concerns and a normalization in relations between government, the mine and local communities.

Instead, as per the norm, the Premier and KZN’s Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) officials continue to sugar-coat the dire reality that exists at RBM.

This was evidenced during an EDTEA portfolio committee last Friday where members were assured of the constant protection and guarding of RBM and were also told that operations were about to resume. Meanwhile, well-placed sources reveal the mine has enjoyed little to no protection from the SAPS or SANDF and that feed for the furnaces are critically low.

Rather than be upfront about the potential devastation of the Richard’s Bay economy, this ANC government has again opted to spin the public an optimistic story and hope it sticks. Meanwhile, the Premier must account for his statement on 8 July indicating RBM would open the following Monday.

Recent looting, unrest and political interference in big business has been the hallmark of the ANC government and may now lead to another 5 000 job losses and dozens of businesses closing, should RBM falter.

Instead of constant race-based banter about “settlers and colonists” from ANC members in the EDTEA portfolio, the party should focus on regaining control of its radical members and the building of investor confidence.

The DA has for years highlighted the importance of the basics that business needs in order to thrive. These include government providing the fundamentals of steady water and electricity supply, and a stable and safe province that promotes investment.

Sustainable and lasting solutions are now needed to help save the KZN economy that has suffered at least R40 billion in damage along with numerous lost work hours and tax revenue.

The DA will continue to call out the ANC for its ongoing inability to keep a firm hold on its members who are at the heart of the recent insurrection and the destruction of the economy.

A lot of my friends are currently looking for other work. The devastating effect this government has on lifes is horrific. Not that they care.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Durban is cooked. Nobody is going to set up shop now after this and will be looking elsewhere. Really fked it this time.

I wouldn't say Durban is cooked, people will still setup shop and all that here, but there will be considerably less tolerance for the political sphere from the corporate sphere.

The longer the ANC dicks around on this front though, the more the bigger boys will push issues out of their control and influence and things will get more expensive in the city.

Howdy

Government continues to sugar-coat the truth as RBM prepares to shut down its second furnace​

A lot of my friends are currently looking for other work. The devastating effect this government has on lifes is horrific. Not that they care.
Our daily life is a bit like those photos that surface from time to time. You don't realize how it's declining until you see the photos, compare and realize you how things have gone down the drain.