‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
As loved as EWN is and as biased as they are..... the dude has a point?

No he doesn't, he paints a simplistic picture and uses a bunch of examples from a country with an entirely different culture as his basis for that picture. If anything all that the article shows is that Yonela Diko is a fscking retard.

B-1

Expert Member
As loved as EWN is and as biased as they are..... the dude has a point?

All he's doing is fueling the India hate that's the current political agenda. If he wanted to paint the rainbow nation he would have said the same of other races in sa and around the world who commit xenophobic attacks on a regular basis. Why single out India at this stage? Oh yes so idiots can drive his agenda.

rambo919

Honorary Master
No he doesn't, he paints a simplistic picture and uses a bunch of examples from a country with an entirely different culture as his basis for that picture. If anything all that the article shows is that Yonela Diko is a fscking retard.
So there is no caste system effect in Africa amoung Indians in general causing negative relations? If true it could help explain why Indians get targeted so often.... other than simple envy and scapegoating.

s0lar

Expert Member
And there go the SA born and bred Indians as a skilled workforce adding to the brain drain. Sigh.

ToxicBunny

So there is no caste system effect in Africa amoung Indians in general causing negative relations? If true it could help explain why Indians get targeted so often.... other than simple envy and scapegoating.

No there is no caste system in effect in South Africa, or Phoenix/Durban specifically. There are socio-economic castes but those exist across race boundaries so are not unique to the Indians at all. There are also religious differences across the different "Indian types" as Yonela tries to classify them.

Regardless of that, he also just completely glosses over the history of his own damned country to try and justify his race hatred for Indians.

rambo919

Honorary Master
No there is no caste system in effect in South Africa, or Phoenix/Durban specifically. There are socio-economic castes but those exist across race boundaries so are not unique to the Indians at all. There are also religious differences across the different "Indian types" as Yonela tries to classify them.
This somewhat contradicts a few things I learnt in the past.... like Indians discriminate socially to some degree against darker Indians..... but oddly so do Blacks.

I never could figure out why exactly, everyone seems to have a different reason for it. Objectively it makes no sense unless there is some sort of history connected to it.... I don't buy the colonialism did it angle this already existed pre-colonialism in many places.

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
And there go the SA born and bred Indians as a skilled workforce adding to the brain drain. Sigh.
Local Indian migration is probably on par if not more relative population than the White South Africans. It's not being picked up by the demographic numbers due the influx of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

ToxicBunny

This somewhat contradicts a few things I learnt in the past.... like Indians discriminate socially to some degree against darker Indians..... but oddly so do Blacks.

I never could figure out why exactly, everyone seems to have a different reason for it. Objectively it makes no sense unless there is some sort of history connected to it.... I don't buy the colonialism did it angle this already existed pre-colonialism in many places.

Its largely a socio-economic thing more than anything else, there will also be religious reasons and general cultural reasons.

With blacks its potentially different so we can't paint the concept with the same brush.

FNfal

Executive Member

Regardless of that, he also just completely glosses over the history of his own damned country to try and justify his race hatred for Indians.
You are correct there has been several serious anti Indian riots in Durban , i witnessed one when i was a child .
I witnessed and old Indian man walking with a bicycle in north coast road get beaten to a pulp, i do not know if he survived , i was to horrified to hang around and find out , i was 5 years old at the time.
This memory has been suppressed in my mind for 60 years , it was barbaric to watch about 20 males beat one male with sticks and knob kiries .

Last edited:

rambo919

Honorary Master
Its largely a socio-economic thing more than anything else, there will also be religious reasons and general cultural reasons.

With blacks its potentially different so we can't paint the concept with the same brush.
See, that's not a real answer. Why is there universally a stigma to darker skin and yet oddly with whites the opposite where people ruin their skins to get tanned? There must be a general answer.... maybe a subconscious bias towards bronze exists but different races react differently to it due to cultural differences?

Anyway in India specifically you can trace it back to ancient racial migrations.... and for some reason the blacks that settled in the southern part of it I think it was caused a bad long term impression. Long shot but I still think that originally caused the cast system, a kind of ancient apartheid, and this caused a kind of cultural memory no one really knows the origins of anymore.

But this is just my pet theory, take it or leave it. India is a very complicated place racially, I would call it the world's first melting pot as whites also settled there in the ancient past.

KantSnyer

Expert Member
If anyone should be feeling on the receiving end of globalists with a divisive agenda, possibly Jews or Chinese or English **** stirrers, it should be white people. The level of anti white hate speech and rhetoric is unprecedented. Pointing the fingers at Indians is just another attempt by these divisive **** stirrers to causes anarchy and destruction in SA. Maybe they want SA's ore wealth, maybe they are trying to cover up their involvement with Zuma and the arms deal or his other crony dealings who knows but there is a hard attempt right now to pit everyone in SA against each other and distract from themselves.

I am 100 cement convinced someone out there, some nation or group, is scared shitless about the truth coming out. We need to find out who these people are. Jacob Zuma had overseas help and he is also **** scared to talk.
My money is on the Gupta's, let the country burn, throw in some anti-Indian sentiment, anything to avoid facing the law here.

ToxicBunny

See, that's not a real answer. Why is there universally a stigma to darker skin and yet oddly with whites the opposite where people ruin their skins to get tanned? There must be a general answer.... maybe a subconscious bias towards bronze exists but different races react differently to it due to cultural differences?

Anyway in India specifically you can trace it back to ancient racial migrations.... and for some reason the blacks that settled in the southern part of it I think it was caused a bad long term impression. Long shot but I still think that originally caused the cast system, a kind of ancient apartheid, and this caused a kind of cultural memory no one really knows the origins of anymore.

But this is just my pet theory, take it or leave it. India is a very complicated place racially, I would call it the world's first melting pot as whites also settled there in the ancient past.

See your fundamental mistake in all this is looking for a general answer, when there isn't one. Each side will have there own reasons and hell even individual people within the groups will have wildly differing reasons for their own prejudices

What happens in India has very little bearing on what happens here.

Matt91

Expert Member
If anyone should be feeling on the receiving end of globalists with a divisive agenda, possibly Jews or Chinese or English **** stirrers, it should be white people. The level of anti white hate speech and rhetoric is unprecedented. Pointing the fingers at Indians is just another attempt by these divisive **** stirrers to causes anarchy and destruction in SA. Maybe they want SA's ore wealth, maybe they are trying to cover up their involvement with Zuma and the arms deal or his other crony dealings who knows but there is a hard attempt right now to pit everyone in SA against each other and distract from themselves.

I am 100 cement convinced someone out there, some nation or group, is scared shitless about the truth coming out. We need to find out who these people are. Jacob Zuma had overseas help and he is also doing everything possible to avoid talking.

1000% agree

rambo919

Honorary Master
I think the predictions are correct that the Indians will eventually be forced out of SA, partially because they lack an identity of african and only really seeing themselves as residents if they are honest.... they simply lack the desire necessary to stay and fight the way they will have to.

I could be completely wrong of course, but even now many people still don't understand what it will take to get this country sustainably fixed again.

I am 100 cement convinced someone out there, some nation or group, is scared shitless about the truth coming out. We need to find out who these people are. Jacob Zuma had overseas help and he is also doing everything possible to avoid talking.
:ROFL: autocorrect is a b-h

Matt91

Expert Member
I think the predictions are correct that the Indians will eventually be forced out of SA, partially because they lack an identity of african and only really seeing themselves as residents if they are honest.... they simply lack the desire necessary to stay and fight the way they will have to.

I could be completely wrong of course, but even now many people still don't understand what it will take to get this country sustainably fixed again.

:ROFL: autocorrect is a b-h

The cement part is on purpose I'm pretty sure. It's quite a common saying.... atleast in Durban AFAIK

rambo919

Honorary Master
See your fundamental mistake in all this is looking for a general answer, when there isn't one. Each side will have there own reasons and hell even individual people within the groups will have wildly differing reasons for their own prejudices
And yet general patterns keep emerging, even if the general answer is not perfect I cannot accept that one does not exist.

What happens in India has very little bearing on what happens here.
The genesis of any ethnic group always has bearing on their unconcious thought patterns. Genetic and cultural memory is an extremely powerful thing.

ToxicBunny

And yet general patterns keep emerging, even if the general answer is not perfect I cannot accept that one does not exist.

The genesis of any ethnic group always has bearing on their unconcious thought patterns. Genetic and cultural memory is an extremely powerful thing.

So patterns emerge?

That doesn't in any way shape or form mean there is a general answer that will fit that pattern, especially when the pattern is horribly simplistic.
Ethnic groups may hay their genesis in where they come from, but when its 150 years in the past those things will have diverged wildly from their origins.

FNfal

Executive Member

I know for a fact that JZ went to the USA after he was elected and before he took office .
A friend of mine went with him and later to JZs wedding , unfortunately my friend has passed .