‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

Oldfut

Expert Member
I heard the argument once from a beggar that if I give them money, how do I know they won't use it to buy booze?

They told me they can find food, they can't find alcohol, so they don't care for buying food any more.
Reminds me of the joke; precis version: " A down and out beggar asked me for R50. I said he would just buy booze or dope but he said he was sober and didn't do drugs. So I took him home to show my wife what someone who didn't drink alcohol or do drugs looked like".

Kieppie

Expert Member
I was highlighting how expensive being alive is, as an example. I didn't even include taxi fare or toiletries in it.
Everything is expensive these days.
Frankly I don't know how some people manage to live with so little income. Not even talking about other countries who would rate our poor as rich.

Just todays 3 hour trip to have vehicle license and disc renewed + one bag of dog pellets for the month were R2000

Howdy

Expert Member
Yeah like a long drop and lack of running water? Why are you acting like a victim here?
Well, you could have the privilege of paying rates and taxes, yet still have no water, not even to flush your loo and having to dig your own pit toilet.

flytek

The greatest orgy of destruction we have ever seen and this thread devolves into blaming the victums? Must be ANC supporters.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Was this posted?

ANC member accused of instigating July unrest makes it to party’s candidate list

In a letter seen by the Mail & Guardian, the Ahmed Timol branch 127 chairperson, Bhekizitha Radebe, and ANC Women’s League (ANCWL) branch secretary Nonhlanhla Madlala have written to ANC deputy secretary general Jessie Duarte calling for her to investigate how Mboneni Tabane made it to the ANC list of candidate councillors. Tabane is the secretary of the branch.

Tabane was arrested on 18 July and charged with incitement to commit public violence. His first court appearance was on 20 July, according to the National Prosecuting Authority’s (NPA’s) Twitter page.

The NPA’s account states that Tabane was “one of the alleged instigators of the recent violent unrest”. He was released on R5 000 bail by the Roodepoort magistrate’s court and the prosecutor did not oppose bail.

Polymathic

Honorary Master

R84Million in losses mostly by small scale sugarcane farmers and I'll have a bet the vast majority of these farmers are black.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

So this twats case is on going, and there are people outside actively threatening violence? Why the hell haven't these new fsckers been arrested already?

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

So this twats case is on going, and there are people outside actively threatening violence? Why the hell haven't these new fsckers been arrested already?
Because the govt is so scared of losing their preciouses voter base.

Howdy

Expert Member

seeking to be released before trial on the strength of being a father of four minor children
Of the R30,000 he had earned in that period, said Booysen, R11,000 was spent on restaurants “such as RocoMamas and KFC”.

“R8,000 was spent on alcohol, R12,000 on stores like Old Khaki, Sports Scene and the like. R1,100 was spent on accommodation in Durban.

“Considering the expenditures, the applicant was left with just over R7,000,” said Booysen.

Seasoned state prosecutor Advocate Yuri Gangai asked Booysen if the R7,000 was the amount left for the care of Khanyile’s family, to which Booysen replied in the affirmative.

“That works out to about R250 per child, per month,” he said.
:X3:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Wait, what?

R11000+R12000+R1100=R24000

R30000-R24000=R5900

How do R5900 multiply into R7000?

Also, what about transport costs? (Fuel, travel etc)?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

SSA refuses to make public intelligence report on KZN looting – DKB​

SSA refuses to make public intelligence report on KZN looting

7 September 2021

The State Security Agency (SSA) has denied the DA’s request to make public the intelligence report(s) which the then State Security Minister, Ayanda Dlodlo, claimed to have handed over to law enforcement officials ahead of the violence and looting in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Gauteng in July.

DA Leader, John Steenhuisen, submitted an application in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) to the SSA on 27 July to access the report(s) which Police Minister, Bheki Cele, categorically denied having received.

The Minister of State Security was summarily removed from that position after the violence, and to this date it has not been established which of the Ministers' versions of events is correct.

The DA is not satisfied by the SSA’s decision to not release these reports. The decision to hide behind Section 10 of the Intelligence Services Act and Section 44 of PAIA — is cowardice and highlights the State’s desire to continue to keep the veil of secrecy around the catostrophic events in July. It is this very level of secrecy the High Level Review Panel report decried and obviously the reports would have been redacted to protect the names of operatives, sources and other sensitive information.

However, complete transparency is required in terms of who knew what and when as well as how our security cluster twiddled their thumbs as KwaZulu-Natal’s industries and livlihoods went up in flames.

The DA remains firm in our view that this information is in the public interest. South Africans must know the contents of the supposed report and any intelligence information related to the ANC-sponsored violence which wreaked havoc on communities and businesses in KZN and Gauteng.

If the State is already hiding information on the intelligence reports surrounding the violence in the two provinces, we can be almost certain that the Parliamentary inquiry into these events will merely be an attempt to whitewash the ANC’s failures.

Issued by Dianne Kohler Barnard, DA Shadow Minister of State Security, 7 September 2021

The SSA report now to the presidency, right?

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
For the folk who were saying "It's all insured the businesses won't even feel it"
You were right,just the taxpayers that will probably have to pay the balance

Good for you,does it feel like a win?

Sasria has a balance sheet of R9 billion but faces claims of up to R25 billion.

The state-owned special risk insurer is negotiating with Treasury for funds to plug the hole.

Treasury has agreed to a cash injection of R3.9 billion, an amount Sasria Chairperson Moss Ngoasheng said was “completely inadequate”.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Barbara Friedman should do the legwork and actually figure out how much has been paid to SASRIA rather than throwing around words like Gabillions and stuff.