‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Barbara Friedman should do the legwork and actually figure out how much has been paid to SASRIA rather than throwing around words like Gabillions and stuff.
Didn't even give a listen,the numbers are already enough to worsen a chronic ulcer :laugh:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Didn't even give a listen,the numbers are already enough to worsen a chronic ulcer :laugh:

I gave it a quick skim listen, but she comes across a bit unhinged even with that skim listen...

I think she claims that SASRIA don't give out the figures in relation to how much money the get in in premiums when its in their annual financial report, as well as claims paid out so with 2 seconds of googling Barbara comes across as being fscking incompetent.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

LETTER: The looters have triumphed​

After watching #FeesMustFall activist Bonginkosi Khanyile’s theatrics in court, I have to eat the proverbial humble pie and say I am sorry.

Sporting the young Nelson Mandela’s hairdo, Khanyile indirectly gave the middle finger to the constitution and judiciary. Suddenly I saw a vision of the future of this country, and I was scared. Khanyile and his ilk have won.

To all those who planned and participated in the infamous July lootings, you have triumphed. We are at your mercy. Congratulations on your hard work, Jacob Zuma is now a free man without having spent a day in a jail cell.

Violence rules. There is no rule of law. Justice is for the chosen ones, not the likes of me. The businesses destroyed and jobs lost were worth it.

I have always said the number one accused in the July riots is the ANC. Now, may I ask, which foreign company in their right mind will invest in a country that has no laws?

Howdy

Expert Member
Yesterday - panic, needed bailouts ...

CAPE TOWN - State-owned special risks insurer, Sasria, is technically bankrupt as it faces paying out up to R25 billion in claims after the violence that tore through KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng in July.

The looting and destruction followed the jailing of former President Jacob Zuma.

Sasria has told Parliament’s select committee on finance that its liabilities exceeded its assets and it needed a financial shot in the arm from Treasury.

Today it's different ... ?

JOHANNESBURG - Sasria, South Africa’s life insurance company that provides coverage for damage caused by special risks such as politically motivated malicious acts and riots said that the nation must rest assured that they’ve got a handle on the current situation.

Sasria executive for insurance operations, Fareedah Benjamin, told Eyewitness News that it is adequately capitalised and backed by international reinsurers to facilitate all claims payments.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yesterday - panic, needed bailouts ...

Today it's different ... ?

Backed by international reassurances? I require some clarity. It was around 2 months ago that Sasria took the position that they could cover the damages three times over, but the rand value couldn't be disclosed, and this international reassurances are a panel which is made up from international reinsurance companies which I believe is this forum,

but otherwise they just leverage the international reinsurance market for partial protection. I don't know this industry, and I don't want to assume anything, but from my view in order to meet 'up to' the required coverage they are in for massive exposure.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I have hope that people like Khanyile are going to live and regret their actions long after Zuma is gone, all that's needed is for him to get a sentence that bars him from political office, hopefully he gets it.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
But what is new ? We have seen the last 20 years , how the law is applied to certain people and not to others. The looting has become a common "phenomenon" , and the police just watches. JuJu shooting a gun in public space, EFF burning shops, racist rants from blacks are approved. The corruption etc.

The bad guys are running the country for ages...

So insert my squirrel shock face here...

ponder

Honorary Master
I have hope that people like Khanyile are going to live and regret their actions long after Zuma is gone, all that's needed is for him to get a sentence that bars him from political office, hopefully he gets it.

He will prosper.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Unless he's propped up by Zuma himself, or powerful people in his area, I don't see him going anywhere. He seems to have stagnated given his high profile student days.
I bet all these guys don't have a plan beyond Zuma, you can already see how useless they have become when the taps to the state funds were cut off, besides the violence I don't see any other way out for them.

Ace has also seemingly gone to ground, maybe his lawyers told him to keep his mouth shut, they should hope that Zuma stays alive for longer, because he is the glue that holds them together.

Milano

Honorary Master
'IT WAS PEER PRESSURE': JULY LOOTERS REMORSEFUL AS DAILY LIFE GETS TOUGHER

The bill for the free lunch may arrive late but it always arrives. Fools will eventually learn that nothing is free, there is always a price to pay. Ample evidence indicates that South Africans are stubbornly slow learners who are in line for decades of bitter lessons.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
'IT WAS PEER PRESSURE': JULY LOOTERS REMORSEFUL AS DAILY LIFE GETS TOUGHER

The bill for the free lunch may arrive late but it always arrives. Fools will eventually learn that nothing is free, there is always a price to pay. Ample evidence indicates that South Africans are stubbornly slow learners who are in line for decades of bitter lessons.
They really should go and have a nice, long chat with the councillors and others who have organized this and urged them to loot.

Milano

Honorary Master
They really should go and have a nice, long chat with the councillors and others who have organized this and urged them to loot.
In reality though the corrupt councillors have already secured their next vote as fools will be fools.