‘Free Jacob Zuma’ protests take fiery turn as 25 trucks burnt in KZN

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
People want to know why intelligence reports can't be shared...

PARLY CONCERNED ABOUT THREATS TO SSA INVESTIGATORS PROBING 'CRIMINAL ELEMENTS'​

The Joint Standing Committee on Intelligence (JSCI) on Monday said it's been briefed on a number of matters including Project Veza and how the SSA was infiltrated by 'criminal elements'.

CAPE TOWN - Parliament has raised serious concerns about threats to State Security Agency (SSA) investigators looking into criminality within the intelligence service.

The Joint Standing Committee on Intelligence (JSCI) on Monday said that it had been briefed on a number of matters, including Project Veza, and how the SSA was infiltrated by “criminal elements”.

The JSCI has tabled its annual report to Parliament, where it details a number of challenges within state security and Crime Intelligence.

The committee said that it was briefed on Project Veza on two occasions over the last year.

Project Veza, which was a contentious topic at the Zondo Commission, was established to investigate allegations of criminality within the SSA between 2012 and 2018.

The committee said that threats were made against officials involved in the investigation and that protection was needed.

Some of the findings of Project Veza included an illegal vetting structure.

Cadre deployment... it is a vast spider-web network.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Does he get a ticket for parking on a yellow line?

Should get lots of things..

Ticket for Yellow Line
Imprisonment for no mastk
Theft
Public Violence

Also think there was mention of fake numberplates as well.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have to ask, why did they seize his vehicle? I don't know where this person is at in the court proceedings, and what is happening, but I see it as odd in his vehicle as an asset being seized at this time.

surface

Honorary Master
I have to ask, why did they seize his vehicle? I don't know where this person is at in the court proceedings, and what is happening, but I see it as odd in his vehicle as an asset being seized at this time.
I don't think it has anything to do with his Woolies excapades.
National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Natasha Kara said the vehicle was preserved on the basis that it is an instrumentality of the offences.