‘Hitler committed no crime’: fury after UCT lecturer hails Nazi madman

saturnz

Honorary Master
*sigh*...here we go again...justifying genocide. I suppose this was also OK in Rwanda then? Same thing...both abhorrent to say the least.
there are people on this forum who justify genocide

in an exchange I had recently here, it was argued that it is also okay to have wiped out the native americans on the basis of "might is right"

saturnz

Honorary Master
It's a strange, strange world!
Stalin and Mao were far worse than Hitler but communism is considered a respectable ideology.
Islam killed far more people (slave trade & invasion of India) than any of the above but the whole world never mentions it.

Islam kills people? evidence for this please

saturnz

Honorary Master

Solarion

Honorary Master
reading your own reference, the first line reads

I don't see "systematic mass murder... .by Islam" written anywhere

Skim reads 5 seconds. Rushes back to mybroadband. I believe they call this making your mind up long before the facts present themselves. In that case don't bother. Really.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Skim reads 5 seconds. Rushes back to mybroadband. I believe they call this making your mind up long before the facts present themselves. In that case don't bother. Really.

you are welcome to post the relevant quote which supports your point, I'll wait

Solarion

Honorary Master
you welcome to post the relevant quote which supports your point, I'll wait

You are welcome to read the damned link I posted thank-you very much.

iu

rietrot

Honorary Master
The eventual outcome of identity politics.

Any honest semi intellectual person who buys into racial identity politics would come to this conclusion. And it is where we are heading again.

It's slightly wrong though, from the same flawed ideology you can make a case that it was wrong and stupid of Hitler to invade Poland and that if he just sticked to Germany WW2 could have been avoided.

The modern lefties just need to realize even though Hitler was white the germans of the time was oppressed and therefore punching up. So it is all good.

According to modern lefties colonization and the British empire (who actually ended the slave trade) are the biggest evil. So obviously siding with Hitler makes sense

Last edited:

JohnStarr

Expert Member
reading your own reference, the first line reads

I don't see "systematic mass murder... .by Islam" written anywhere
Oops...

"How did the Ottoman Empire recognize religion?
The Ottomans recognized the concept of clergy and its associated extension of religion as an institution. They brought established policies (regulations) over religious institutions through the idea of "legally valid" organizations. But all had to accept Islam as dominant, and could not criticize Islam or the Sultan."

While the previous article didn't mention it in the opening line (assuming you read further, or actually read up anything about the Ottoman Empire at all!), the prevailing religion was Islam.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Oops...

"How did the Ottoman Empire recognize religion?
The Ottomans recognized the concept of clergy and its associated extension of religion as an institution. They brought established policies (regulations) over religious institutions through the idea of "legally valid" organizations. But all had to accept Islam as dominant, and could not criticize Islam or the Sultan."

While the previous article didn't mention it in the opening line (assuming you read further, or actually read up anything about the Ottoman Empire at all!), the prevailing religion was Islam.

so because the Ottoman's recognised Islam this means Islam is responsible for killing millions?

this makes sense to you?

Around 100,000 to 200,000 Armenian women and children were forcibly converted to Islam and integrated into Muslim households.

are you saying that is consistent with Islam? Islam expects people to be forcibly converted to Islam and then Islam will kill them?

buka001

Honorary Master
Where are all the usual defenders for those who make ridiculously bad takes on the Nazis?

RedViking

Nord of the South