‘Hitler committed no crime’: fury after UCT lecturer hails Nazi madman

Solarion

Honorary Master
so because the Ottoman's recognised Islam this means Islam is responsible for killing millions?

this makes sense to you?

are you saying that is consistent with Islam? Islam expects people to be forcibly converted to Islam and then Islam will kill them?

It's not often I see someone dodge and sidestep with such ferocity. These are the moments that make internet worth it.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I see you had a placidly neutral take, which is cool.

Somewhat distorted, but I'll let it slide.
Neutral? Lol.

I didn't really give my take. I explained this professor's take.

My own take is very much in favor of individualism, exactly because I do not approve of these outcomes that you get from identity politics.

saturnz

Honorary Master
It's not often I see someone dodge and sidestep with such ferocity. These are the moments that make internet worth it.

I'm still waiting for the quote from that reference which states mass murder was executed by Islam, but I'm the one apparently dodging

buka001

Honorary Master
Neutral? Lol.

I didn't really give my take. I explained this professor's take.

My own take is very much in favor of individualism, exactly because I do not approve of these outcomes that you get from identity politics.
Not much explanation required.

It is wrong, revisionist and reprehensible. He should be fired.

Solarion

Honorary Master
I'm still waiting for the quote from that reference which states mass murder was executed by Islam, but I'm the one apparently dodging

So you would rather I read it and make up your mind for you instead of you reading it and making up your own mind?

Mila

Honorary Master
Well if it wasn’t bad lets start killing :
The useless
Stupid
Old
Ugly
Disabled.
Unwanted

its an easy policy, we just apply the logic humans

that would have us with a whole new government to start with animals.

(Sarcasm font)

you would think he is intelligent enough to not speak on these subjects, he should have known that it was a ‘controversial’ opinion.
is this a form of holocaust justification? Or Xenophobia justification.

He was such a hypocrite with his selection of who to kill. He must have wanted to be blond so badly.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not much explanation required.

It is wrong, revisionist and reprehensible. He should be fired.
Kinda agree.
It is wrong.
It is not revisionist. He didn't revise any facts it is just viewed out of the extreme leftist viewpoint. Maybe over simplistic that that what you get when you only need to consider who is punching up and who is the oppressor and who is oppressed before you can justify anything.
Reprehensible. Meh, just as reprehensible as anyone else who supports this nonsense, basically anyone willing to take the knee for BLM.

I would like to think the universities are the place for extreme views that challenge conventional wisdom(especially political theory. Its not straight up history). But I doubt he is able to present it in a reasonable manner and probably can't get over his own biases and racism so you are probably right that he isn't suited to teach this stuff.

Just saying not much explanation is required is wrong. Obviously a lot of people struggle to understand why and how identity politics is wrong and it needs to be explained to them.
Especially in university political theory lectures.

buka001

Honorary Master
Kinda agree.
It is wrong.
It is not revisionist. He didn't revise any facts it is just viewed out of the extreme leftist viewpoint. Maybe over simplistic that that what you get when you only need to consider who is punching up and who is the oppressor and who is oppressed before you can justify anything.
Reprehensible. Meh, just as reprehensible as anyone else who supports this nonsense, basically anyone willing to take the knee for BLM.

I would like to think the universities are the place for extreme views that challenge conventional wisdom(especially political theory. Its not straight up history). But I doubt he is able to present it in a reasonable manner and probably can't get over his own biases and racism so you are probably right that he isn't suited to teach this stuff.

It is revisionist.

Hitler committed probably one of the most serious crimes in the 20th Century. He has completely re-written that fact.

rietrot

Honorary Master
It is revisionist.

Hitler committed probably one of the most serious crimes in the 20th Century. He has completely re-written that fact.
Not re-written.
He tried to justify it.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Give it to the guy...he's trying to appear relevant and knowledgeable at the same time, while failing dramatically at both. Trying to stir up some division again on the forums without really understanding the end goal of what the Nazis wanted...global domination and the extinction of everything that wasn't essentially Aryan.
Suggest he watches The Man in the High Castle for a different perspective of what might have happened had the Axis Powers won.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Not often that you get wise words spoken by a revolutionary intellectual.

Nqindi

Expert Member
Please do tell what he is trying to say.
He is trying to say what Hitler did was not unique to Jews, but that the suffering of the Holocaust is something that blacks had traditionally been going through. Still a horrible take, but there you go.

acidrain

Executive Member
This the same guy that was behind the Rhodes must fall ****.

This won't be the last racist thing he says or does.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
so because the Ottoman's recognised Islam this means Islam is responsible for killing millions?

this makes sense to you?

are you saying that is consistent with Islam? Islam expects people to be forcibly converted to Islam and then Islam will kill them?
I suspect you're grabbing at straws here which is fine...it's what happens when you're being slowly pushed into a corner.
Simply put...convert or die. So yes, Islam as a religion had a big part to play in things if that was the driving force behind it. Should we start mentioning what ISIS does to people who don't convert?
They recognised Islam because it was their religion...they used religion to massacre people. How difficult is it for you to follow that particular thought process?

BBSA

Honorary Master
He is trying to say what Hitler did was not unique to Jews, but that the suffering of the Holocaust is something that blacks had traditionally been going through. Still a horrible take, but there you go.
All ethnic group has suffered through out history. All he is doing is to keep the black victimhood alive.

Last edited:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The Ottomans conducted genocide on religious grounds, yes. This much cannot be denied.

Seyfo - Assyrian Genocide

was the mass slaughter and deportation of Syriac Christians
At the time of the Islamic conquest, Syriac Christians hoped for a respite in religious persecution that they faced. Under Muslim rule, they had the status of dhimmis, had to pay the jizya and faced restrictions that did not apply to Muslims, but made up a majority in some areas.
Under the leadership of governor Mehmed Reshid, a systematic anti-Christian extermination took place in Diyarbekir Vilayet,
"all Christian communities of Diyarbekir were equally hit by the genocide,
Jevdet Pasha the governor of Van, is reported to have held a meeting in February 1915 at which he said, "We have cleansed the Armenians and Syriac [Christian]s from Azerbaijan, and we will do the same in Van."
In late 1915, Jevdet Bey, Military Governor of Van Vilayet, upon entering Siirt (or Seert) with 8,000 soldiers whom he himself called "The Butchers' Battalion" (Turkish: Kasap Taburu),[6] ordered the massacre of almost 20,000 Assyrian civilians in at least 30 villages
The Ottoman officer Raphael de Nogales described a "slope [...] crowned by thousands of half-nude and still bleeding corpses, lying in heaps". He then wrote that when he entered Siirt, he saw that the police and the locals were sacking Christian homes, and learned that the governors of the town directed the massacre, which had been arranged beforehand
He claimed that due to their consistent contact and collaboration with the Russians, they were targeted with atrocities, and after a battle in which they collaborated with the Russians to defeat the Ottoman Army, the army perpetrated the massacres against Christians in Başkale, Siirt and Bitlis
The protection of Christians by local civilians (primarily Iranian Azerbaijanis) is also confirmed in the 1915 British report: "Many Moslems tried to save their Christian neighbours and offered them shelter in their houses, but the Turkish authorities were implacable."
Martin Tamcke wrote that a German chargé d'affairs in Constantinople sent to the German Chancellery an article from a Young Turk-controlled newspaper, which mentioned the expulsion of Assyrians in the east as an example of the "cleansing of the empire of Christian elements"
Tamcke wrote that documents such as these, along with oral traditions, are evidence of a systematic policy of extermination.[55] Heleen Murre-van den Berg states that while "the destruction of the Syriac communities in Anatolia was less systematic and complete than that of the Armenians," the extermination of Syriac Christians in Diyarbekir proves that there was more to the anti-Assyrian campaign than merely securing borders with Persia.

As you can see, the Assyrian genocide coincided with the Armenian genocide and seeing as both groups adhered to Eastern Christian faiths and we know for a fact the Assyrians were targeted for being Christian, it stands to reason that there were religious connotations behind the Armenian genocide as well.

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
That would just be incorrect. Black people have not had genocide against them or have been put into concentration camps and systematically killed. At least not by white people. If you want to be a race grifter about it like he and you are.

The Rwanda genocide does probably come close.

This is why identity politics is stupid, especially when modern day leftist are too lazy to even go down to a traditional tribal level. And just consider the suffering of "the blacks" as if that is a real thing.

Most of the suffering black people experienced is/was because of other black people. Viewing black people as one thing and blaming white people (also not one thing) is extremely stupid.

Last edited: